Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a good mechanic in Clontarf area?

Options
  • 17-11-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi Boards Buddies

Can someone recommend / PM a good mechanic in Clontarf area?

cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Advance Pitstop are all over the city..they usually wont take the piss when doing work on your car.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

if you are a girl - dont go near Advanced Pitstop.

They are a joke, tried to tell me all sorts were wrong with my car and it would take 800 - 1500e to get it through the NCT.

Only wanted them to check if the fused had gone in the motor for windscreen washer or whether i need to replace it.

I laughed at them - took my away and passed the NCT no problem.

Bought and replaced the motor for the washer for a tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I use Noel Dolphin on vernon avenue, never any problems with them.

(I have absolutely no connection, just a satisfied customer)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Degsy wrote: »
    Advance Pitstop are all over the city..they usually wont take the piss when doing work on your car.

The crowd on Russle Avenue are chancers.

irishbird wrote: »
    if you are a girl - dont go near Advanced Pitstop.

They are a joke, tried to tell me all sorts were wrong with my car and it would take 800 - 1500e to get it through the NCT.

Only wanted them to check if the fused had gone in the motor for windscreen washer or whether i need to replace it.

I laughed at them - took my away and passed the NCT no problem.

Bought and replaced the motor for the washer for a tenner

Well as a girl you should know better that to go near ANY mechanic before the NCT.

If the car fails all the reasons will be written down nice and clear on a piece of paper which you then hand to the mechanic and say "fix that please".

• Advertisement

Dancor wrote: »
    The crowd on Russle Avenue are chancers.

Really?

Not doubting you,just saying i got fair treatment off them in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Shoves

Cheers MMCN90, would prefer to go to smaller company / mechanic rather than a chain so will try Noel Dolphin.

Thanks for recommendations and advice!

Well as a girl you should know better that to go near ANY mechanic before the NCT.

If the car fails all the reasons will be written down nice and clear on a piece of paper which you then hand to the mechanic and say "fix that please".

errrr......................i want them to check the fuse in the motor for the window washer, i never mentioned a word to them about the NCT. they noticed it was almost out of date.

seriously, do you think i am an idiot:mad::mad::mad::mad: thats why i laughed at them

errrr......................i want them to check the fuse in the motor for the window washer, i never mentioned a word to them about the NCT. they noticed it was almost out of date.

seriously, do you think i am an idiot:mad::mad::mad::mad: thats why i laughed at them

they are complete chancers and would tell everyone to avoid them like a plague

Advertisement