Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Managers or coaches out there for a soccer team?

Options
  • 17-11-2011 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭

It is only November but planning for next season is always on-going.
    Corduff FC have an offer from the AUL league regarding under 19 football for next season.

This not only allows us group 17, 18 and 19 year old lads together next season in to football and lay a bridge between schoolboy and senior football where a big gap exists in age but it also allows us cater for the dodgiest of ages and gives lads who want to play football an avenue to do so.

There is one challenge to get this under 19 team in operation for next season. We need a manager and a coach who has some track record and well up to the challenge.

If there is interested parties out there, please PM me or contact anyone in the club to inquire. We have some smashing young lads coming through and if senior football is coming just too early for them we would like to keep them together until their time in senior football is right.

Again we have some really good lads in the club from 16 to 17 now. U19s is a natural progression before top level junior soccer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

Loads of managers around but they are all on barstools and doing fantasy football leagues. But joking aside its a great opportunity for a good ambitious manager. Good to keep the lads together as clubs loose them at 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

godscop wrote: »
    Loads of managers around but they are all on barstools and doing fantasy football leagues. But joking aside its a great opportunity for a good ambitious manager. Good to keep the lads together as clubs loose them at 18.

We have an under 16's and 17's and there is some really good 18 year old's knocking around in our side of D15.

However if this team does get going with a good manager and coach and using top top facilities, I honestly think the team could challenge.

Every year I see lads falling by the way side at 18 because they cannot play schoolboy and are not physically ready for adult soccer.

I'm throwing it out there for all concerned. The AUL have looked for expressions of interest and we have expressed it.

LETS SEE ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭godscop

I finished at 18 so i thinks its great to offer lads the chance to keep playing before senior football. I just wasnt ready for the old hard men in those days. Best of luck getting a manager but im sure you wont have a problem. Corduff are a great well run local club.

Looks like your right. Four solid inquiries already, I also posted this message across FB too.

Now, time to get the players on board. There has to be a solid squad of 18 players of a good standard.

Thanks Godscop ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Irishshark40

Hi,

I would like to express an interest in the position you have for your proposed under 19 team.
    At the moment I am completing an Honors Diploma in Sports management. I also hold a full UEFA license. I have previously managed/coached in the LSL, MDL,DDSL,NESCL,CCFL and most recently the LFL. I have managed underage in the Kenndy Cup on numerous occasions and I won the Foyle Cup also.
    I have worked for the FAI in their Regional and Representative Emerging Talent Centres. I have also run the Summer Soccer Camps and Inter Cultural courses. I have also completed the FAI Kickstart and Youth cert prior to the UEFA License and I have completed various other FAI courses such as Medical Workshops, Speed Development, etc.
    I have also won the DDSL Premier, NECSL and various Senior Cups, Leagues and Promotions.
    I have also been lucky to learn my coaching trade abroad in Spain and the UK and have assisted and worked with the new Bohs Manager Aaron O'Callaghan with an underage technical development programme.
    As you can see I have gathered a lot of experience through sheer dedication and with the philosophy of trying to generally improve the technical standards in the Irish game. The transition from junior to senior football is topic which most people do not see worthwhile. Too many clubs loose good loyal players because of poor options and lack of vision. Indeed a lot of players get illusions at the end of the junior league due to the physical aspects we see in senior football. I believe the preparation should be in core physical development along with a quicker playing tempo, if this can be combined with a clear coaching program for a season outlined to the players and backed by the club I am sure the players can gain a solid preparation for the first senior team. Winning is great but to develop a technically mature player would be the biggest assets to the club with something the junior players could aspire to join and thus bridge the gap to senior soccer.

If you would like to speak further please do not hesitate in contacting me back. If the position is currently filled I would like to wish you the very best of luck for the future.

Yours in sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Fair play to you IrishShark...very impressive CV and Im sure Corduff would appreciate you coming down and helping out...Great club with some really nice people there

Hi,

I would like to express an interest in the position you have for your proposed under 19 team.
    At the moment I am completing an Honors Diploma in Sports management. I also hold a full UEFA license. I have previously managed/coached in the LSL, MDL,DDSL,NESCL,CCFL and most recently the LFL. I have managed underage in the Kenndy Cup on numerous occasions and I won the Foyle Cup also.
    I have worked for the FAI in their Regional and Representative Emerging Talent Centres. I have also run the Summer Soccer Camps and Inter Cultural courses. I have also completed the FAI Kickstart and Youth cert prior to the UEFA License and I have completed various other FAI courses such as Medical Workshops, Speed Development, etc.
    I have also won the DDSL Premier, NECSL and various Senior Cups, Leagues and Promotions.
    I have also been lucky to learn my coaching trade abroad in Spain and the UK and have assisted and worked with the new Bohs Manager Aaron O'Callaghan with an underage technical development programme.
    As you can see I have gathered a lot of experience through sheer dedication and with the philosophy of trying to generally improve the technical standards in the Irish game. The transition from junior to senior football is topic which most people do not see worthwhile. Too many clubs loose good loyal players because of poor options and lack of vision. Indeed a lot of players get illusions at the end of the junior league due to the physical aspects we see in senior football. I believe the preparation should be in core physical development along with a quicker playing tempo, if this can be combined with a clear coaching program for a season outlined to the players and backed by the club I am sure the players can gain a solid preparation for the first senior team. Winning is great but to develop a technically mature player would be the biggest assets to the club with something the junior players could aspire to join and thus bridge the gap to senior soccer.

If you would like to speak further please do not hesitate in contacting me back. If the position is currently filled I would like to wish you the very best of luck for the future.

Yours in sport.

Thanks for the reply,

The 19's position is being filled by Paul Featherstone and Robbie Reddin,

Perhaps you might be interested in being involved with the first team squad for next season? PM me if interested.

Advertisement