Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value suit hire in cork

Options
  • 17-11-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the best place to get a black tie outfit in Cork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Morley's next the Queen's Old Castle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

If there is a chance you might need on on another occasion you could buy one for about €75 in M&S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Y
    aujopimur wrote: »
    If there is a chance you might need on on another occasion you could buy one for about €75 in M&S

I did that eventually, until then I happily used Morleys, great service and reasonable price IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Just avoid Blacktie at all costs, as I learned the hard way :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

That's incredible value as its around 40/50 to hire by the sounds of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Andip wrote: »

Is it a suit or a tux you need? For 75 you're not getting great quality of either, but if you had around 200 and it's a suit, it will last you a few years at least. A Tux you will get so little use out of that you may as well rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

That price is just for the dinner jacket and trousers (not tuxedo - which is a horrible americanism) - the shirt and tie are extra though they are not expensive either.

Even a cheap dress suit can look very classy if you wear the right shoes with a good shirt and a hand tied bow tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Not sure about what it's like in Cork as in 20 years I've never looked, but the brother goes to a lot of formal dos in Scotland and he got a good quality set of formal wear in a charity shop which was worn once, probably for a wedding, for about £20 a while back. He got a dress maker to fit it for him and you would swear it had been hand tailored for him.
    If you are likely to need to hire formal dress a few times you should give this route a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 donna66

hi I was just wondering where the cheapest place to buy suits are or hire for weddings

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭moyners

I used Morleys for my wedding suits and they gave great service and price. We were getting married abroad and they let us keep the suits for over a week at no extra cost. One of the groomsmen misplaced his shirt too and they didn't charge us for it. Totally recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Simonap

Me and my hubby did an incredible amount of research when it came to renting suits,
    there is a lot of options out there, but we came down to two places

Con murphys
    conmurphys.com

Morleys
    morlies.ie

The both shops were really friendly, in the end it came down to the fact that con murphys offered a suit that was tailored for my husband, rather than renting one for him. Morleys seemed to have a great range and are always busy inside there, so check them out, but we felt we got a better deal with con murphys.

I also visited tom murphys, was not impressed with the staff in there, unfriendly. We went to mahon also, could not find much there
    There also is some place in tower, but never got a chance to travel out and see them

Good luck in the search, hope you have an amazing day as I did

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Marybtaea

We went to con murphys after i found them online, amazing results and very friendly staff
    Ended up getting a suit tailored for not much more than suit rental in other shops we visited
    Anyone know the best place to get a black tie outfit in Cork

Advertisement