Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon Magic Decanter offer

Options
  • 17-11-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Has anyone who ordered this received it? I placed an order for two on the 23rd of October and received my voucher codes the same day. Ordered the following day off the site and to date nada. Said in the small print delivery 14-30 days so I'm aware they've got til Monday to deliver.

However went to the site Monday gone and the status was "backorder" which sounds like they don't even have it in stock.

Also discovered there's no contact number or email address. Instead there's a contact form for queries which I filled in on Monday asking when I was likely to receive my order. Received no reply so sent another query yesterday morning and again no reply.

Looked up the site and here's the weird thing. The offer is listed at http://air21group.co.uk/magicdecanter/order.php . However when I looked up air21group I found the main site http://air21group.co.uk which is a telecommunications company and doesn't look like it has anything to do with Wine Aerators! Emailed them this afternoon to see if they're aware of the Magic Decanter site hosted on their domain so waiting for a reply.

So just wondering if anyone else has had any luck with this offer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alex4bes

I'm in exactly the same position...

Well I only ordered one... and I ordered on the 24th October.

No replies to my contact form submissions, and status as back order.

Starting to worry a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

well still no reply, either from the seller or the company that hosts the site so taken final recourse and emailed Groupon. Waiting on a reply from them to see what they say. To be honest think this will be my first and last deal with them though. Even if the offer is genuine and I do eventually receive it I've wasted far too much time for this to be in any way considered a good deal. Not worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

I ordered one too, have not received it yet.

it doesn't look good at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

I wouldn't worry about it. Will probably arrive in next week or so , if not we will get refund from Groupon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rachheff

Just wondering if anyone has had any joy with this company? I have the same problem!! Defo not a happy camper! :)

• Advertisement

Tried contacting the company supposedly selling this 3 times to date, first mail was on the 14th and last on Monday gone. No reply.

Tried emailing the company where the site is hosted. No reply.

Tried emailing groupon twice. No reply.

Tried calling groupon this morning but gave up after 10 minutes on hold as despite the time wasted on the above I have to fit a job in there somewhere.

So no, no joy.

Completely p*ssed off and will never touch a groupon offer again though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jopopenj

I am in the same situation! Ordered the magic decanter on 23rd October & still not received! Contacted the supplier three times via email, no response! Not happy at all!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clubber33

I ordered a magic decanter on 21st October and still haven't received it. I have sent them several emails which they haven't replied to. I have tried their tel number several times and there is a recorded message saying that the message box is full. Groupon have replied to my email to them but I haven't got very far with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 clubber33

DamoKen wrote: »
    Has anyone who ordered this received it? I placed an order for two on the 23rd of October and received my voucher codes the same day. Ordered the following day off the site and to date nada. Said in the small print delivery 14-30 days so I'm aware they've got til Monday to deliver.

However went to the site Monday gone and the status was "backorder" which sounds like they don't even have it in stock.

Also discovered there's no contact number or email address. Instead there's a contact form for queries which I filled in on Monday asking when I was likely to receive my order. Received no reply so sent another query yesterday morning and again no reply.

Looked up the site and here's the weird thing. The offer is listed at http://air21group.co.uk/magicdecanter/order.php . However when I looked up air21group I found the main site http://air21group.co.uk which is a telecommunications company and doesn't look like it has anything to do with Wine Aerators! Emailed them this afternoon to see if they're aware of the Magic Decanter site hosted on their domain so waiting for a reply.

So just wondering if anyone else has had any luck with this offer?

Maybe they are the same Companies as both have Birmingham telephone codes Magic Decanter = 01213 141789 and airgroup21= 01213 141114
    The Magic decanter tel number has a permanent message saying that the message box is full please try later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KSAV1

I purchased my Groupon Voucher on 21st October. Could not redeem my voucher until 25th as the Magic Decanter website was down and I have emails to groupon to proove this.

38 days later I have since moved house and have no sign of my product. I have sent 3 emails to customer services at magic decanter. 5 emails to the website (enquiry form) and have left 4 messages on my order asking where it is and to inform them I am moving house!

I have had no response.

I called the number on the groupon voucher this morning for Air21Group and they informed me they just design websites and have nothing to do with the company! I have emailed groupon again as I have no product, they are over the 30 days! No communication and I have moved. I paid for the product AND delivery so am not a happy bunny and just cant seem to get any answers from anyone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 radiogaga72

I have not received anything either, just off the phone from Groupon who say they have till the end of the week as i ordered on 23rd Oct and they have 14-30 WORKING days. Explained i have had no reply to e-mails and can't leave a message on phone, but he said can't do anything until the end of the week and they will then consider it unreceived order.

cheers for the number clubber33.

quick update from me. Called groupon again toward the end of last week and this time after a long wait eventually got through. To be fair girl I talked with was sound, agreed that it was unacceptable to be left waiting this length of time with no explanation or response.

However when I asked if Groupon could contact the seller on my behalf as well as on behalf of everyone on this thread I was told they have no way of contacting the seller directly! To say I was surprised would be an understatement. Was further confused when I asked how could they possibly be screening sellers if they have no communication with them? I was (I would have thought) understandbly alarmed that they would advertise on behalf of sellers they cannot even contact.

The reply was that extensive research is carried out on each individual seller and comprehensive talks are entered into before a deal is offered. Cannot but wonder how this is possible if they don't even have a phone number?

How and ever I did at least get the groupon refund for the two decanters with minimal fuss. The cost of shipping twice? Well was told that's up to the seller to refund me. Pointed out as there does not appear to be anyway of contacting the seller that might be a bit hard to come by.

Also wondered how groupon intends to inform them the order has been cancelled and not to ship given they claim to have no means of contact???

All I can say is since I made my first internet purchase back waaay back, this without doubt ranks as the very worst. No comeback, no business model to speak of and just seems to be wide open to abuse/scams/incompetence. Not a chance I'll buy through them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aoifedowdall

I ordered mine on the 26th Oct and like everyone else have had no joy. This is a Christmas present so no good to me if it turns up in January!

I rang Groupon just now and talked to a very nice guy in customer services. He's sending in an official query from them this evening so hopefully that will hurry things along - they are more likely to act on an email from them as Groupon are the ones that will pay "Magic Decanter" after all!

Will let you all know if I hear anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JeFrances

Have just contacted Groupon City Deal. E mail info@magicdecanter.co.uk.
    Seemingly they are out of stock at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Scrumptious

Same here and not impressed at all that a company seems to be able to become a customer of Groupon and then not be able to meet orders, or in worst case senario rip people off.

No responses to emails or calls to Magic Decanter. Groupon say they've been told I will be entitled to a refund next week if I haven't heard back.

I lodged a complaint against Magic Decanter with PayPal for my shipping costs and MD have until 4th to respond or I get my postage costs refunded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lamcc

Hi I am in the same sittuation as all of you above- I bought two and paid for shipping on both. Have contacted the magic decanter company via thier web page six times now and they have not had the decency to reply so I have contacted the National Consumer Agency and explained my sittuation and also pasted a link to this thread so hopefully they will be able to give us some advice. I have also contacted the magic decanter company yet again, told them I have sought help from the NCA and also gave them a link to this thread so hopefully someone will revert shortly - will keep you all posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lamcc

Have just got a reply from The NCA regarding this issue - I have posted it below. I myself will be sending an email and written letter to Groupon as suggested by The NCA. Please anyone else who is having this issue let me know how you are getting on.

Thanks.

REPLY FROM NCA

Thank you for contacting the National Consumer Agency (NCA) with your query regarding Groupon vouchers redeemed with Magicdecanter.co.uk.
    Several pieces of legislation combine to provide consumers with protection when buying online. From a consumer perspective, the most important piece of legislation is the European Communities (Protection of Consumers in Respect of Contracts made by Means of Distance Communication) Regulations 2001. These are commonly known as the “Distance Selling Regulations”.
    Under distance selling legislation the consumer must receive goods ordered online within 30 days of the order being processed and paid for unless otherwise agreed between the trader and buyer. If the goods are not delivered within the agreed timeframe the consumer has the right to reject and rescind the contract that was initially formed and seek redress in the form of a replacement good or refund.
    Further information regarding on-line shopping is available on the following link to our website:
    http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Hot_Topics/FAQs/Online-shopping/
    If you still wish to receive the goods and as Magic Decanter are based in England, we would suggest you contact the European Consumer Centre (ECC) in Dublin for assistance.
    The ECC in Dublin is part of the European Consumer Centre Network. They provide free information on consumer rights in Europe and assist consumers who have cross border disputes. Contact details for the ECC are below:
    The European Consumer Centre,
    Macro Building, 1 Green Street, Dublin 7
    Tel: 01 8797620 (9.30am- 4 pm)
    Web: www.eccireland.ie
    Failing satisfaction we suggest you make a formal complaint in writing to Groupon.ie. For more information on how to make an effective complaint please refer to our consumer complaint guide. Our complaint guide contains important information on the steps needed in order to make an effective complaint including sample template letters and information on what to do if you can’t resolve your complaint with the company i.e. the Small Claims procedure. The Small Claims procedure is designed to deal with consumer claims up to €2,000 and the current fee for making a claim is €18. We would suggest you contact the Small Claims Registrar directly to see if the Registrar will accept the case.
    Please click on the following link for further information:
    http://www.nca.ie/nca/complaintoabusiness
    We hope that this situation can be resolved without recourse to the Small Claims Court, however, we recommend you to keep details/records of all your contacts/correspondence with the trader as these will be required should this event arise.
    We trust you have found this information useful and if you have any further consumer related queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 1890 432 432. NCA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 schmally

Thanks for the info Lamcc, very helpful.

I ordered mine over a month ago and it's still not here.

I've emailed the company (once) and also Groupon (twice) and phoned numerous times to Groupon, been put on hold, hold, and ... no answer!

Still nothing back.

I'm pretty pissed off about the whole situation, especially that neither companies have had the decency to contact anyone back to let them know what's going on! Take the money and to hell with customer service.

If you hear anything back from Groupon after writing them a letter please let me know and I will do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 subarwick

Hi all,

I'm in England and found this thread as I am having issues with the same company, offered via Groupon, over here.

I ordered two of these, one for myself and one as a gift, both around the 23rd of Oct. I have been jumping on Groupon and The Magic Decanter people on the 0121 number for a few weeks now. The number has just started to go to a full answer phone now, which is very annoying.

However, one bit of good news is that one has turned up today! Hopefully the other will turn up in the next day or two.

The service from both Magic Decanter and Groupon is terrible, and I suspect I won't use Groupon again.

Aways, there is some hope that you might get your product!

All the best, and good luck

Sheldon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 schmally

My magic decanter has finally arrived today! looks like they may have finally found the post office?

Still not going to use either companies again due to the stinking customer service.

Maybe they dont actually have anyone in the call centres, it could just be a phone in a room somewhere.

I wouldn't want to order another product and for the same thing to happen again.

I expect their massive delay is due to the 580 odd people who ordered one of these, but groupon and the magic decanter company should still have replied to everyones emails, or even done an automated response which lets people know about the delay/back log.

Really hope the rest of you get yours soon.

Thanks for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭07438991

I think that it would be no harm for all of you to send Groupon an email regarding their lack of stock and customer service. Therefore, the company should not be allowed to advertise on Groupon again. Simply, say that it reflects poorly on the Groupon brand and may deter you from using their services in the future!

If it is that chain bottle holder thing; I have seen it advertised on another deal website a day or two ago for around a tenor?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Scrumptious

Same here and not impressed at all that a company seems to be able to become a customer of Groupon and then not be able to meet orders, or in worst case senario rip people off.

No responses to emails or calls to Magic Decanter. Groupon say they've been told I will be entitled to a refund next week if I haven't heard back.

I lodged a complaint against Magic Decanter with PayPal for my shipping costs and MD have until 4th to respond or I get my postage costs refunded.

I received an email from the last week apologising. They said they'd posted my order 23rd Nov but would send again. Received package this morning that was sent last week, just in time for Christmas - though it was supposed to be for someone's birthday present last month.

Received mine today at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭glennryan

received mine today, happy days. works well too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 radiogaga72

I did finally recieve my decanter last week, but no contact from the company themselves, leaves me to think they were overwhelmed by the amount of orders recieved, not a great service, but at least product finally arrived.

In fairness , it was worth the wait. Really does make red wine smoother

sorry very delayed reply, was away until the New Year and forgot about the thread I'd started :o

Anyway mine arrived while I was away, just under 2 months after ordering.

Weird thing is I'd finally given up so had cancelled the order and received a refund from Groupon. Had also contacted the seller to inform them of this and requested a refund of shipping costs.....instead a few weeks later I received two decanters?

Ah well, guess they can see that as an incentive to read their mail in the future ;)

Advertisement