Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion error

• 17-11-2011 5:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭

hey all

i bought oblivion on steam yesterday during the deal . downloaded and installed fine but when i click play on the menu the screen goes black as if it was loading but then a box popped up saying oblivion has stopped working windows is searching for problem etc . anybody have any idea on a solution ?

pc specs
    intel i5 2500
    Nvidia GT530 dedi 1gb memory
    8gb ram

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You could try the unofficial oblivion patch. You can find it on tesnexus.com
    Apart from that, make sure that your drivers are up to date at nvidia.com and that directx is up to date too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I bought the GOTY version in the sale too.

I had no issues getting the game to start, but I had an old saved game that it just loaded up.
    I have had a good few problems with it though, where the games crashes out like you described I think it's steam related since I never had the same problems when I had the game installed outside of steam.

Maybe try find a way to install the game without steam?
    I'm sure there is a way to extract the licence key that belongs to you and just you it on a normal install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

thanks for the help guys , disabled the steam in-game community thing and its working perfectly now ,il be sinking a few hours into this before i get skyrim :p

cheers

Advertisement