Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mick Wallace wants Dáil summer break moved - Guess why?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Ben Moore

I don't think Mick Wallace really expected a serious answer, Gilmore was dry in his reply but could have shown a little more humour, storm on a sideline, yes politiics has changed, sure he is Tainaste isn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Riamfada wrote: »
    Also, I dont give a **** about the European Championships or whatever it was we just qualified for

Well, that's it lads. Riamfada doesn't like football and he's the workplace bitch that isn't allowed to take holidays by his boss.

The game's up.

It was good while it lasted.

Dunno what we'll do for the sumemr now.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Mick Wallace expects to be a TD by the time EURO2012 starts?

HA! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I try to avoid the Mick Wallace bashing threads but I feel I have to come in on this one. Firstly, I'll declare my position. I live in Wexford and am an avid Wexford Youths supporter. I know the man but couldn't say I'm his friend or that I can ever really read him. He didn't get my 1st preference at the polls last time out

I'll be forever grateful that he brought WYFC and Ferrycarrig Park in to my life, as it has given me so many happy footballing moments. I'll make a few points by way of a statements, as I see it

1) He isn't in NAMA. He owes a fortune to banks, but isn't/can't pay back the capital. The Irish taxpayer is not paying for his pink T-shirts or his 2007 jeep

2) Unlike the big players, he has admitted his situation, is doing his best and is still in the jurisdiction to accept whatever fate awaits him. Because he is not behind a wall of the world's most exclusive lawyers, he has become a highly visible target for a justified response from the citizens of Ireland. I have not heard the same level of abuse on Boards given to individuals that owe BILLIONS, while Mick owes €40m. Not excusing him but the state of the economy is only PARTLY his doing

3) I think he is daft as a brush

4) I for one, will be trying to arrange my holidays to make the most of the Euros. While I don't care about others, his reasoning is that more will get done for the country if we 'shift' the Dail for this period.

5) Mick didn't have to propose this. He could have disappeared in to Poland/Ukraine for the duration and STILL be the best attending TD overall.

6) While other constituencies continue to elect the likes of Michael Healy Rae, Michael Lowery & Gerry Adams, have some respect for the electorate of Wexford if you don't mind. There are literally 100's of young men who are better people from the outlet and guidance that he has given them over the last 15 years. They and their families did not forget that on polling day and he didn't do it to get votes

7) I think the experience of being in the Dail will help Mick understand how things are achieved in this country and that he will use it for the benefit of the people in Wexford from the outside next time around.

Bottom line is that I think the man is genuine to the core, but off on a bit of a tangent at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ah yeah sure what harm?

Think I'll rearrange my 6 week summer holliers around to coincide with the WC....oh wait, I dont get a 6 week break cause I'm not a TD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

You know what, I don't think it would be such a bad idea, I can think of one good reason to do so...

...over here in Germany the politicians use the World Cup and European Championships to sneak in new laws, they know that most of the population, and media are so preoccupied with watching the footy and reporting on it, that they pass no heed to politics and the politicians know they can do almost whatever they like and no-one notices it until the laws have been passed and it's too late to oppose them

Advertisement