Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler firing constantly

• 17-11-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi

I have an issue with my boiler (an Ideal Mini) that has been going on for the last few winters. As soon as the temperature drops even slightly the boiler will come on automatically and will stay on constantly. When it does this it will heat the water but not the radiators.

I presume this is the frost thermostat kicking in but I think it must be set too high as it has been going constantly for the last few weeks. It's not that cold out and the boiler is located inside the apartment.

Does anyone know if I can adjust the thermostat downwards or am I stuck with turning it on/off manually whenever I want heat or hot water?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bigted2

have a look DIYnot.com/

Most modern boilers come with frost protection built in, the mini looks like it's a added extra, so if a frost stat has been added externally then it should be adjustable, the frost stat is separate to the boilers temperature selector, have your boiler serviced and have them check that your wiring is right and the settings are right

Advertisement