Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade my DELL Inspirom 530 Desktop (Plz help me) Thank you all

Options
  • 17-11-2011 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

H I have a dell inspiron 530 i might be interested in selling (Now what I would like to do is find out what parts/upgrades, to make good top range Desktop PC outta of the case I have from the inspiron. The exact insprion PC I have is a are the
    Here is a Everest file of my inspiron 530
    EEEK I hope its not too long.. please have loo at the main parts and tell me the I wanna upgrade my PC. Im looking to try get a good grfix crd, SSD hdd, Motherboard... and anything else that could be recommend to make my dell info to make it a really good PC :D

what I would like to do is build my new pc in the using the dell box of I have. Dye think that box would be ok?

please lads any help would be great. One how much would the box be worth as i (I will post a link it specks at the end. Two if I kept this PC what would I need to buy so to upgrade it? ie.. Grafik card, SSD hhd, RAM and any other things ye might advice me on what I should do.

I really hope someone can help me out as i really want to upgrade or if ll comes to all sell.

Thanks a lot, hp[e i can find what i need here k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Firstly, watch the spelling & sentence structure.

Next where's the everest file or information with the specifications?

You won't be able to make a top of the range computer from what you have. The main thing that's stopping you is the case - Dell use non-standard designs so you can't fit mainstream motherboards in there.
    You may be able to upgrade the graphics card depending on the motherboard and the power supply unit. The power supply unit might be upgradable.
    You probably can use an SSD easily enough and RAM is likely to be upgradable.

Is there anything that you want to keep apart from the case? You might be as well off everything new? Is it the size that you like? Maybe a smaller size mATX case might make a nice replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 L0dgik

sorry my bad.... il upload a Everest file now k... gimme a sec.

ps

Sorry il make sure my spelling & sentence structure is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Thanks. Still no file, but that's okay. There's a specifications list here.
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/inspd530/en/OM/HTML/appendix.htm

According to this, you can upgrade to 4GB. I know sometimes that they put 4GB if they only shipped it with 32-bit Windows, so it may be capable of more.

It has a PCI-E slot so you can upgrade your graphics card up to the limits of the power supply unit. The power supply unit also looks upgradable, so you could replace that.

You could upgrade your processor although you'd be stuck with those supported by your motherboard which wouldn't be as powerful as today's processors and aren't great value for money.

If your money is tight and you can't afford a new system, then maybe get a few upgrades - something like a graphics card and PSU could be brought to a new system. I wouldn't go ploughing money into because many upgrades would be more expensive. For example, last time I checked 8GB of new DDR3 was dearer than 4GB of DDR2 which you'd need for your system.

You can't really keep the case and put in a new motherboard unless you're prepared do do a lot of work in modifying it. You can get somewhat decent cases for €30.

If you were getting a new system, you could salvage pieces from the old. Hard drives are very expensive at the moment due to a shortage, so you could hang onto that. The rest wouldn't be much use.

Depending on exact specifications, you might get €200 for the system.

Advertisement