Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my feckin phone : ( Advice?

Options
  • 17-11-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

I've always had the most basic types of phone (ie bricks with buttons and some reception) and have never lost one. Then I go get myself a decent smart phone and I lose the thing within a few months. Feckin typical. :mad:

Anyway, just wondering is there anyway to shut down/disable apps remotely? It's a Samsung Galaxy something or other and I have an account linked to a credit card for the android market. I also have Facebook and email apps open on the phone. The battery was gone and there is a PIN but I'm guessing that wouldn't long delay someone with a bit of determination. What would people suggest I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Just change your google password.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

srsly78 wrote: »
    Just change your google password.

I don't think I've ever been asked for it when making a purchase on Android. I'll do it though. Thanks.

Oh yeah, if I get a new phone, can I transfer my apps to that one or do I have to buy them again?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Once you remove a sim from an Android phone they will ask you to reconfirm the password. So theres no way of them being able to access stuff either.

Next time set up a Samsung Account on the phone so you would be able to ring it/track it/remote wipe it.

Most high end smartphones are able to do this natively.

Next time be more careful and get insurance :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Einhard wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever been asked for it when making a purchase on Android. I'll do it though. Thanks.

Oh yeah, if I get a new phone, can I transfer my apps to that one or do I have to buy them again?

When you log into google account on new phone all of your apps+mail+contacts will be there. You will have lost text messages and angry birds savegames etc tho.

Report the phone stolen and it should become a brick at least in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

If you download AVG the next time you should be able to track your phone online too.
    Chance going on to Google Latitude and see if it shows up. You'll probably have to enter your email address and it might be too late now but it's worth a try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement