Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dentist & Xanax

• 17-11-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I have to get some dental work done in a few weeks and the thought of it is petrifying me. I got some Xanax off my doctor a while ago to take the edge off being nervous before a long flight but never took one as a few glasses of vino in the airport did the trick :D, anyhow I was thinking of taking one of these (1mg) before I go to the dentist so that I can be relaxed and not a ball of anxiety lying there with palpatations and what not. My doctor said when she gave them to me that they just take the edge off and you can still function as normal. I like to take a drink and love the feeling of mellowness that comes over me after a nice big glass of wine but for some strange reason I have a thing about popping a pill to make me relax :rolleyes: Can anyone describe how taking one of these will make me feel? Is it too small a dose to have major effect on me? Have to drive myself there and back so don't want to be out of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

If they're only 1mg take 3 or 4 of them, won't affect your driving atall atall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

consult your doctor and dentist not after hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Your looking for medical advice in afterhours?

Think you might be better off asking the dentist

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Recreationally speaking 2mg should be splendid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mackg wrote: »
    consult your doctor and dentist not after hours.

Dead right.
    They charge more at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Ask your doctor, we cant give medical advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement