Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over paying for UPC

Options
  • 17-11-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

just found out today that my current bundle is out dated and as such I am being charged 13 euro extra a month for an inferior bundle. I called them and they said they could just switch me over but I am a little miffed at the fact that they have been knowingly over charging me. I was told 2 years ago when I first signed up with them that they would inform me if there was a better offer available in the future and that they would keep an eye on my bill to see if there was better options depending on my usage.
    Just FYI anyone on the most basic package is probably paying more than they should be if they are a customer for more than a few months is I think. worth checking anyway because for 2 euro more than what I am being charged a month I would have 100mb internet with the top basic TV package.
    I would love to know if anyone is in the same boat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I call them every few months, just after they put up the prices, tell them I can only afford €25 a month for TV and broadband and just give me what ever package that will buy me. I say if they can't do one for that, then either cancel my TV or Internet.

The reduce my pack and then a few weeks later I get a letter saying they have increases internet speeds (to what I had). This has happened atleast 4 times int he last 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

MRTULES wrote: »
    I called them and they said they could just switch me over but I am a little miffed at the fact that they have been knowingly over charging me.

They're not overcharging you. They're charging you exactly what you agreed to pay for the service you ordered. The fact that they've introduced new packages and prices is irrelevant, you are paying the right price for what you ordered. Unless you change package, you'll always pay that price.

What if the new package was more expensive? Would you complain that they were under charging you?

Any change in package will result in a new minimum term on your contract too, which is something to be aware of.

Advertisement