Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish Painters

Options
  • 17-11-2011 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Looking for Polish Painters to do some interior painting in Co. Waterford.Must come recommended and reasonable rates.If anyone has numbers to give me you might post them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

had polish man tile house for me last week and he did an unbelievable job, perfect and little or no waste and left the place spotless. He can also paint and is very reasonable. 3 irish tilers priced job but were way too expensive, seem like they were pricing it so as not to get the job. PM me if you want to contact him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What's wrong with Czech painters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Nothing but squares on your wall is not for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

Here we go again, deja vu :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

FANNYMAY wrote: »
    Hi Looking for Polish Painters to do some interior painting in Co. Waterford.Must come recommended and reasonable rates.If anyone has numbers to give me you might post them.

Would you not give paddy a chance ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

Ah you will be grand once you dont get the Polish Plumbers.
    Have a look at this and you will see what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQrX8LQM7K0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Here we go again, deja vu :rolleyes:

Here we go again what? Have I asked about Czech painters before or do you see something controversial that isn't actually there? Take the stick out of your arse and you might enjoy life a bit more.

Here we go again what? Have I asked about Czech painters before or do you see something controversial that isn't actually there? Take the stick out of your arse and you might enjoy life a bit more.

You misunderstood my post or maybe my post was not specific enough in what I meant, it was not directed at your post re the Czech painters, it is the fact that there has been a quite long thread regarding Polish V Irish painters on here already, that is what I was refering to.

No need for the hostilities. :)

@ Minstrel27, this is what I was referring too. no offence meant your way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

What about an unemployed Irish Painter. There is a lot out there that are strugling and if you were to contact them, i am sure they will give you a very good quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

No blacks
    No dogs
    No Irish

This thread makes me sick

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

thread should be renamed and op should also be open to painters from other countries namely ireland.
    try calling the thread "good, reputable and cheap painters wanted. can ayone recomend"

really:mad:, i just don't understand why some people don't move to poland alltogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭pippam

Poland%2BThe%2BLand%2BOf%2BPo.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

LOL! ^^^^^^^:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Ah you will be grand once you dont get the Polish Plumbers.
    Have a look at this and you will see what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQrX8LQM7K0

Had local irish plumbers do work on my house... disaster. Had to tell them to go, and get all the work redone.. had it done by another irish person and he was great.

A little bit off topic. But i was at a site meeting maybe in 2006 on a big housing site in waterford. And one of the top site managers on this site... got up during a meeting and waved his fists in the air giving out about the irish block layers and the price they charge for the s**t work they do. You cant sack them as all the other block layers would walk off the site..and it could take a month or 2 to get another 30 or 40 block layers "we was in the tiger at the time". He was yelling their time will come and their days are numbered... so right he was. Little did he know he would also lose his job in the down turn.

My point would be their must be a reason why we keep seeing posts about people looking for none irish workers ? we blow it in the tiger times with our poor workman-ship and high cost.

I don't mind paying a little extra if the job is done well i would think most people are like that. Also don't mind if they are irish,english,poland or usa as long as its all above board and work is carried out correctly.

blocklayers in and around waterford city had a very strong union behind them during the boom, which basically meant any blockie working in waterford either joined the union or else he wouldn't get on the sites. the builders couldn't open their mouth to them for fear of strike, i think once a blockie laid 60-70 blocks a day that counted as a days work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

sponge_bob wrote: »
    once a blockie laid 60-70 blocks a day that counted as a days work.

What kind of a rave is that ?, he might of been closing the cavities round windows or doing corners or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

This thread is ridiculous, but not surprising and shows human nature which the Irish are definitely quite possibly more than any other race. What the OP is looking for is someone who will do the work they need for a price below market value to a market value standard and has determined that the only one prepared to do that is Polish.
    Basically they need someone who to do the above is on the dole, pays no prsi ,vat or income tax, takes cash and is a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jimstir

wellboytoo wrote: »

Nothing but squares on your wall is not for everyone

Very funny comment. Well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Or Irish ones for that matter?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,471 ✭✭✭✭looksee

lomb wrote: »
    This thread is ridiculous, but not surprising and shows human nature which the Irish are definitely quite possibly more than any other race. What the OP is looking for is someone who will do the work they need for a price below market value to a market value standard and has determined that the only one prepared to do that is Polish.
    Basically they need someone who to do the above is on the dole, pays no prsi ,vat or income tax, takes cash and is a professional.

No, the Polish workers are not all that much cheaper, so what is the appeal? What do they do that makes them so popular? Maybe if the local painters had a look at that and made an effort to copy them - the absolute basic, main reason that they turn up when they say they will, get the job done, clean up and leave. What is so hard about that?

Big Lar wrote: »
    What kind of a rave is that ?, he might of been closing the cavities round windows or doing corners or something.

LOL at a blockie only laying 70 blocks "because he was doing corners or windows"

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

you are a disgrace,filthy bitch

looksee wrote: »
    No, the Polish workers are not all that much cheaper, so what is the appeal? What do they do that makes them so popular? Maybe if the local painters had a look at that and made an effort to copy them - the absolute basic, main reason that they turn up when they say they will, get the job done, clean up and leave. What is so hard about that?

they are taking the job away from the irish man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

sponge_bob wrote: »
    they are taking the job away from the irish man.

And there are no Irish people in Australia, the UK or Canada taking jobs away from locals, are there? :rolleyes: Ah the double standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Considering this thread was started by a "new" user, and has a huge grinning face in the subject bar, I'm inclined to believe it was started for exactly the reaction it has received.

Trolls are really getting lazy these days. :(

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement