Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy?? Advice needed.

Options
  • 17-11-2011 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I'm going to build a pc but I was wondering where would be the best (cheapest preferably) but with all the good parts in Ireland (Dublin or surrounding)

Ive seen a few places/ sites and the can differ in price quite alot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You'll get better value and selection in the virtual shops (i.e., online).

The main ones I've used with bases in Ireland are elara.ie, komplett.ie and memoryc. The first two are in Dublin and memoryc are in Kildare. I think that you can collect from all three. Komplett and memoryc have free delivery.
    You'll get better value and selection again with UK/German scan.co.uk and hardwareversand.de.

Is it that you want to pay with laser or cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭LittleMc95

well i have pay pal so id use that if i was to buy online. and no ive no particular way i want to pay just was wondering where in ireland as i could maybe collect it but it really doesnt bother me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Quiet PC is also a good company to buy from. http://www.quietpc.com/ie-en-eur/home
    And, Komplett are good too with there free delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've dealt with QuietPC a couple of times. They've got great customer service. One some more obscure things - AcousticPack, for example - their prices are excellent, but they can be a bit expensive with some of the more common things.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 akazzz

I would suggest buying from outside dublin. ie: germany or uk

best prices so far I've checked are: hardwareversand.de, mindfactory.de, anobo.de & compuland.de

In Ireland you can check out dabs.ie for special offers but their prices are usually much higher than the 4 websites I stated above.

Or if you are looking for daily discounts & sales: overclockers.co.uk & aria.co.uk

Hope you find these information useful.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

akazzz wrote: »

best prices so far I've checked are: hardwareversand.de, mindfactory.de, anobo.de & compuland.de

In Ireland you can check out dabs.ie for special offers but their prices are usually much higher than the 4 websites I stated above.

Or if you are looking for daily discounts & sales: overclockers.co.uk & aria.co.uk

Cheers!

Do any of those German sites besides HWVS have English sections as I can't seem to see the option on any of them.

hardwareversand.de does have an english section but its not 100% english.

The way I do it is download GOOGLE Chrome. It comes with a language translator. That will make life easier to shop in those german websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Ah nice one, will give that a shot, do the other German sites you mentioned accept credit cards or are they only bank transfer?

You have to check that out yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Just ordered from Scan.co.uk, will leave you know how it goes (for various reasons neither a bank transfer or Paypal were an option).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

akazzz wrote: »

Cheers!
    Has anyone here ever ordered from anobo.de before? They've a fantastic price on a monitor I'm interested in, and cheaper delivery than HWVS. Would be tempted if others have ordered without probs before?

nesf wrote: »
    Just ordered from Scan.co.uk, will leave you know how it goes (for various reasons neither a bank transfer or Paypal were an option).

Scan was fine, everything arrived in grand condition.

Scan was fine, everything arrived in grand condition.

How long did it take and was it delivered by An post?

How long did it take and was it delivered by An post?

Ordered Friday night, arrived Tuesday morning. Delivered by DPD (I think that's their name). Overclockers.co.uk use the same delivery company, so same 2 working day delivery which is nice.

The one big problem I have is that I can't log back into the site because you need to give your postcode as part of the login process and I don't have a postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ordered Friday night, arrived Tuesday morning. Delivered by DPD (I think that's their name). Overclockers.co.uk use the same delivery company, so same 2 working day delivery which is nice.

The one big problem I have is that I can't log back into the site because you need to give your postcode as part of the login process and I don't have a postcode.

So over lockers and scan using courier? They call Ussually before delivering?

I am always working during the week and by metaphors law they will always come knocking your door when you are at work, laying a brick, humping misses, Or off to shop for some milk etc...

Cool , it's good to know. I was thinking of using them.

So over lockers and scan using courier? They call Ussually before delivering?

They didn't for me. They just arrived at my door. That said it's a "Guaranteed" 2 day delivery service so you know what day to be home for.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

They didn't for me. They just arrived at my door. That said it's a "Guaranteed" 2 day delivery service so you know what day to be home for.

Thanks. There is no option to make them call first? When I order parts for mx5 I can put a note on packadging. Fierce handy!

Like I said I allways work during the week. 2 day Delevery sounds awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

And that right there is why I don't use Scan. Every time I try to login, that happens. Every time, I call up, to get my account deleted, so I can create a new one. Every time, they treat me like I'm an idiot, and every time, they get proven wrong. :P

Won't they let you use 0000 as a postcode?

• Advertisement

Serephucus wrote: »
    And that right there is why I don't use Scan. Every time I try to login, that happens. Every time, I call up, to get my account deleted, so I can create a new one. Every time, they treat me like I'm an idiot, and every time, they get proven wrong. :P

Yeah, I've just decided I'll buy elsewhere in future.

Can you order from Scan over the phone?

Can you order from Scan over the phone?
    Actually raised this with them this morning and they said they are happy to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

If you're ordering with them over the phone, you can get discounted delivery if you say that you're a member of AVForums.com. I haven't tried it myself, but another poster had success.

Advertisement