Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conor Cunningham - Take a Bow Son!

• 17-11-2011 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/1117/ireland_fan.html
    A stolen tracksuit and a bag of balls helped one ticketless Ireland fan to the best seat in the house for their Euro 2012 playoff win over Estonia - in the opposition dugout.

Corkman Conor Cunningham travelled to Tallinn's A. Le Coq Arena and managed to bypass security after sneaking in a stadium side entrance.
    After sitting next to Estonia manager Tarmo Ruutli for Ireland's 4-0 first victory last Friday, he was spotted by TV cameras on the pitch afterwards celebrating with the Ireland players.

"I just spotted an open door and I thought I will stick my head through there but it was just a closed-in room but I found an Estonian tracksuit and I just threw it on," he told the Mirror.

"I threw the bag of balls over my shoulder and just went for it. I didn't know what to do, to be honest, so I thought I'd better go into the Estonian dug-out."

"No one said anything to me and then I realised I was sitting beside their manager (Tarmo Ruutli).

"It was about 10 or 15 minutes into the match when a UEFA official got suspicious of me. He came over and, after talking to me, told me I had to move.

"Even after the match I just strolled out on to the pitch."

He was unable to travel to Dublin for Tuesday's return leg as Ireland qualified for Euro 2012 with a 5-1 aggregate win.

This story brought a smile to my face. Always like to hear of people pulling off stunts like this! And its a nice change from all the negative stories floating around these days. So in the words of Andy Gray "Take a Bow Son!"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Just heard him on The Last Word.

Great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

thought this was a pardoy on that lad who did similar in the all ireland final dublin match at the gaa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

sneaky corkonians

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

I have to say I despair when I see the likes of this scumbag becoming some sort of a local hero. He stole a tracksuit and defrauded to the tune of €600 through deception. He should've been arrested on his return to Ireland.

A strange thing about us Irish is that we love 'endearing' sort of crime. What this guy did is no better than walking into a jewellers dressed as an alarm systems engineer and pocketing a watch worth €600.

The gas thing is, the very people who congratulate him are probably the very ones who would say we should go after the Bankers more ferociously. There's no difference bar the figures. We love a chancer clearly, so no point bitching about Bankers when you can't pay for your electricity, 'cause the overwhelming majority like corruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I have to say I despair when I see the likes of this scumbag becoming some sort of a local hero. He stole a tracksuit and defrauded to the tune of €600 through deception. He should've been arrested on his return to Ireland.

A strange thing about us Irish is that we love 'endearing' sort of crime. What this guy did is no better than walking into a jewellers dressed as an alarm systems engineer and pocketing a watch worth €600.

The gas thing is, the very people who congratulate him are probably the very ones who would say we should go after the Bankers more ferociously. There's no difference bar the figures. We love a chancer clearly, so no point bitching about Bankers when you can't pay for your electricity, 'cause the overwhelming majority like corruption.

+1 he's a thief, why love a thief?

It's also here -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056454202

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

ahal wrote: »

are you Estonian ?

No, I'm not Estonian. I'm Irish.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

If he tries a similar stunt in Poland or Ukraine, where they will be taking security very seriously indeed, unlike in easygoing Estonia, and gets himself thrown into jail or worse, what will people be saying then?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭eamonhonda

You sound like great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

€600, where the fock did you pull that figure out of, your hole?

Some people need to lighten up a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Hang on.... wasn't it ticket touts he defrauded out of €600?

I love ticket touts myself. Sound bunch o lads. Fuck sake.

€600, where the fock did you pull that figure out of, your hole?

What a disgusting term.
    Some people need to lighten up a little.

I think you need to wash out your mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

He should've been arrested on his return to Ireland

why? he broke no laws in ireland, since he was in estonia like

What a disgusting term.

Hole... a disgusting term? You need to get out more buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Hole... a disgusting term? You need to get out more buddy.

I prefer 'shitbox.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't think he kept the tracksuit if that makes you dry shytes feel any better.

The fact that he travelled over to the stadium would imply to me that he had a ticket, so he simply moved up to a better seat.

Sky King wrote: »
    I prefer 'shitbox.'

Cockholder....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Cockholder....

ring piece ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

I love the idea that the Estonian manager Tarmo Ruutli probably noticed him a couple of times beside him and thought who the fck is this cnt. But had to divert his focus back to more immediate problems on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

phasers wrote: »
    I don't think he kept the tracksuit if that makes you dry shytes feel any better.

The fact that he travelled over to the stadium would imply to me that he had a ticket, so he simply moved up to a better seat.

he didnt have a ticket since he wouldnt pay what touts wanted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If he tries a similar stunt in Poland or Ukraine, where they will be taking security very seriously indeed, unlike in easygoing Estonia, and gets himself thrown into jail or worse, what will people be saying then?

His family will be on the Joe Duffy show whining and whinging to try get him released !

He's a thief, no two ways about it, he admitted it, for him to even get radio time in this country is not surprising, newstalk, today fm - tabloid stations.

From the indo -

A ticketless Conor Cunningham (27) successfully bluffed his way into last Friday night’s sell-out play-off game in Estonia before taking up the best seat in the house

"I was just determined to see the match -- 11 of us arrived in Tallin for the game and we were being quoted €600 for tickets," the Corkman said yesterday."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Helix wrote: »
    he didnt have a ticket since he wouldnt pay what touts wanted
    So that means the game was sold out?

then nobody lost anything really, whoever thinks he should be arrested seems to be supporting ticket touts.

What a disgusting term.

I think you need to wash out your mouth.

I think you need a good ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

He was willing to pay the €14 face value for a ticket. He'd even have gone to €80/90 like some of his friends who got lucky but to travel over and pay €600 would have been madness.

There should be less about arresting him and more about the Estonian police getting their bloody fingers out (of their holes, excuse the vulgarity) and arresting the gougers trying to make €596 out of desperate fans. :mad:

I think you need a good ride.

No thanks. Buy some deoderant you fecker :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

If this was a crime at all, it is genuinely a victimless crime. You cannot compare this to the banks because no one was out of pocket because of it. His actions haven't imposed austerity on the entire population either.

There is a difference between harmless antics and imploding the national economy in terms of seriousness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

vicwatson wrote: »

...and thats where it will stay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement