Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capping twist-cap bottles?

Options
  • 17-11-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi

I have a Coopers Canadian blonde from homebrewwest brewing since Sunday and I'm wondering what to do about bottles?

I have a few friends that drink the pils from Lidl that comes in 500ml brown twist-cap bottles (perlenbacher i think) and i was wondering if they can be capped?

I could probably get a hold of some miller twist-caps before bottling time too (I know they're not brown glass)

Or has anyone any other cost-efficient way to bottle beer?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭covey09

You can buy 24 PET bottle for 50Cent a bottle with lids.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭JerryHispano

Ya, The ox-bar ones are the alternative to glass bottles. They still add up to €20 to bottle the beer, a capper and caps would be cheaper and somewhat classier-looking too imo.

Would capping the twist-tops work at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Would capping the twist-tops work at all?

A guy on here before was advised not to a while ago, I think because your beer will be putting the bottle under more pressure due to the priming sugar fermenting out.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Mashtun

No ya cant cap twist cap bottles with regular caps. I use Tyskie bottles they're pretty good. any commercial bottle thats not a twist cap can be recapped. Just need a capper and some caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭JerryHispano

So its a no-go on the twist-tops. Thanks all

• Advertisement
Advertisement