Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak damage

Options
  • 17-11-2011 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

This is a follow on from my other thread, thought it deserved it's own as its a different issue.

We've had a leak from the washing machine it would appear. As a result of this the wooden floor in the sitting room and kitchen has buckled and has water underneath.

The leak has also spread into my child's room and the carpet in there is soaking wet all over the room, as a result we've had to move him out.

I'm just wondering will leaving the wooden floors and carpet to dry themselves be acceptable? I asked the letting agent what the landlord is going to do about the carpet in the bedroom and he just said there's nothing that can be done except air the room out and put on the portable heater as much as possible.

Is this an acceptable response? Will the soaking carpet not take ages to dry and cause mould?

That room has no heater in it only a portable blow heater.

The smell in the room at the moment is horrible :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Sounds like the wooden floor has been destroyed and needs to be replaced. It won't unbuckle. The insurance company should sort it. Letting it dry out won't solve the smell and it will proabably get worse. It all needs to be ripped up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SkyUser11

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    Sounds like the wooden floor has been destroyed and needs to be replaced. It won't unbuckle. The insurance company should sort it. Letting it dry out won't solve the smell and it will proabably get worse. It all needs to be ripped up

Will mention this to the LL. I'm more concerned about the carpet. It's soaking and the smell is awful. Should I ask him to get this replace? I'm afraid of mould as it's in my child's room.

Advertisement