Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The next elder scrolls title...

• 17-11-2011 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Ok so I'm getting waaaaaaaaay ahead of myself here, like 5-6 years ahead of myself at least!! but...

I cant wait for the day when you get to play the elder scrolls game where you can explore the whole of Tamriel!!

Most of the provinces have been used now in the games..

TES1: All of Tamriel
    TES2: Daggerfell was played out in High Rock and Hammerfell
    TES3: Morrowind was played out in Vvardenfell of Morrowind (not the whole map iirc)
    TES4: Oblivion was played out in cyrodiil
    TES5: Skyrim is played out in Skyrim

SO maybe the next game might involve valenwood, elsweyr and summerset isle??

But I'm hoping, that maybe around in the time of the next generation consoles and even more beefy PC's that TES6 will just be called TES VI: Tamriel

Here's to hoping!

511948-1233008492.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Im hoping to adventure into black marsh in an elderscrolls game.

I can't see a full "tamriel" game due to the sheer amount of content that would be needed!

Im planning to have played skyrim for a few hundred hours, a tes:Tamriel would take 1000's of hours... As much as i would love to have to spend a few days irl to traverse tamriel it won't happen.

It took skyrim 5 years to develop? Skyrim is only a smart portion of the map so unless they scaled the place down it just wouldn't be up to the elderscrolls standard. To get it out in a reasonable timeframe they would need to increase the number of employee's working on it atleast 10fold reducing profits massively for no gain what-so-ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

There's a mod in development for Morrowind, probably on the go 8 or 9 years now. Tamriel Rebuilt it's called. Last I checked, a couple of years ago, they had about a third of the mainland area of Morrowind completed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anywhere as long as it's not Cyrodiil. Still can't put my finger on it, but I really didn't enjoy Oblivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

TPD wrote: »
    There's a mod in development for Morrowind, probably on the go 8 or 9 years now. Tamriel Rebuilt it's called. Last I checked, a couple of years ago, they had about a third of the mainland area of Morrowind completed.

yea its a pretty huge project the whole tamriel rebuilt thing!

I know its a crazy fantasy to have a elder scrolls game of this magnitude but it would be sheer awesomness! I'd happily wait 10 years for it and pay over the odds!!

some day it'll happen.. someday.. I might be dead by the.. but someday!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Black marsh maybe? but I have a feeling it'll be where ever the kahjaits? are from? elsweyr?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Between the game itself & the undoubtedly numerous mods (and official exp. packs) to come out for Skyrim, I'm not in any mad rush to see the next Elder Scrolls game come out. Oblivion pretty much kept me entertained the whole time between #4 & 5 in the series, I expect this latest instalment to do the same.

I presume if and when they do make another, they'll just move onto whatever region they've not yet covered (Black Marsh /Elsweyr then?).

Though with today's technology & resources required to make a AAA title, you can simply rule out any world larger than Oblivion at best; it was 'easy' to create the frankly ludicrously sized world of Daggerfall (worldmap larger than Great Britain, 600,000 NPCs!) in the time of MSDOS games; characters were simple sprites, had no audio dialogue & most of the dungeons were randomly generated. Skyrim may be a smaller world - possibly the smallest by square KM - but it definitely has the most immerse, concentrated & emotional experience of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

I'd like to see Elswyer,Khajjits are few and far between in Skyrim ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ekib

Dave1711 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Elswyer,Khajjits are few and far between in Skyrim ha

me too, and seeing how the khajiit caravan near whiterun speaks of there home, might be a hint :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've never played morrowind (shameful I know :o) but wasn't one of the expansion pack released for it set in a new province ?

Is it still in development?

• Advertisement

Yup, still in development. The expansion pack, Bloodmoon, added a new island that is near Morrowind but not really its own province. I'd definitely advise playing morrowind, there are mods out to bring the graphics up to quite recent standards, and the rpg elements are a lot more in depth than oblivion or skyrim. The hand to hand combat is woeful though.

Yup, still in development. The expansion pack, Bloodmoon, added a new island that is near Morrowind but not really its own province. I'd definitely advise playing morrowind, there are mods out to bring the graphics up to quite recent standards, and the rpg elements are a lot more in depth than oblivion or skyrim. The hand to hand combat is woeful though.

sounds cool,any release date in sight?

Erm, about a quarter of the surrounding areas of Vvardenfell in Morrowind are available for download, after this long. Finishing Morrowind will be years yet, if at all, and I wouldn't hold too much hope for all of Tamriel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Most reasonably sized mods don't make it to an initial release, nevermind an alpha, and most mods aren't trying to recreate the combined landmass of 2 huge games. What brief time I spent on the mod's homepage make it look like a dead duck. Overly ambitious really (which is something else mods suffer from).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭TW Mr Tayto

Elswyer. I'd love to see what they could do with the desert architecture!
    The creatures would be amazing too.

I also wonder WHEN it will be set.
    Maybe the could have a TES:Redguard type release, telling the story of Umbriel or the war for Morrowind? That'd be intersting no doubt; but I don't know if I'd prefer them to spend their time on that or the next actual game.
    One thing is for sure. We won't be seeing TES:VI until they have a new generation of console to work on. On the plus side, they can still work out the story... maybe.

Sorry PC gamers /=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

The Elder Scrolls IV: OblIVion

The Elder Scrolls VI: AkaVIr

Just a thought. Though I would like it to stay in Tamriel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Conchir wrote: »
    The Elder Scrolls IV: OblIVion

The Elder Scrolls VI: AkaVIr

Just a thought. Though I would like it to stay in Tamriel.

yea thats why they called this game SkyVim... :D

Advertisement