Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC out-of-contract disconnect fee?

• 17-11-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭

I've had UPC broadband for a number of years (well out of the initial 12 month contract) and have recently cancelled it. A final bill has just arrived for "Disconnect Fibre Broadband €16.93" and "Disconnect Fibre Broadband Standalone Charge €3.75", totalling €20.68

I can't see any mention of this out-of-contract disconnect fee on their website, nor was I informed of it when speaking to customer service - their only requirement was 30 days notice, which they got and the modem was also returned.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Apogee wrote: »
    I've had UPC broadband for a number of years (well out of the initial 12 month contract) and have recently cancelled it. A final bill has just arrived for "Disconnect Fibre Broadband €16.93" and "Disconnect Fibre Broadband Standalone Charge €3.75", totalling €20.68

I can't see any mention of this out-of-contract disconnect fee on their website, nor was I informed of it when speaking to customer service - their only requirement was 30 days notice, which they got and the modem was also returned.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Did you ever volintarily upgrade your broadband speed (filled in a form to go from 20-30 meg for eg), if so thats probably the reason. You shouldn't need to pay anything if you are out of contract and you gave 30 days notice, also to sort UPC problems using Twitter is a better expierience, just message @UPC_HelpsYou_IE for help

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's likely to be a part period pro rata bill. Ie. your billing period was out of sync with when you submitted your 30 day cancellation.

Advertisement