Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Meteor source phones for customers pre-release?

Options
  • 17-11-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was asking a guy in a Meteor store about the Galaxy Nexus the other day. He said he wasn't sure about it coming available on Meteor any time soon..

But, if I really wanted it then call customer service. He said they had been known to source phones for customers before they became officially available. e.g. iPhone.

I tweeted Meteor and they didn't entertain it.

Is there any truth in this? I'd really like to stay with Meteor but i'll be forced to get it from the first available network as I need it (NFC) for a college project.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

techguy wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I was asking a guy in a Meteor store about the Galaxy Nexus the other day. He said he wasn't sure about it coming available on Meteor any time soon..

But, if I really wanted it then call customer service. He said they had been known to source phones for customers before they became officially available. e.g. iPhone.

I tweeted Meteor and they didn't entertain it.

Is there any truth in this? I'd really like to stay with Meteor but i'll be forced to get it from the first available network as I need it (NFC) for a college project.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Nexus S has NFC if you're interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Yea, I was gonna go for that.

But it's been out a while and the spec isn't really that great tbh. I plan on keeping the phone for about two years, like my hero.

I don't think the Nexus S is a great choice for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I know a guy who did get the I phone before meteor released it but that was because they were testing it already and were going to release it soon after. Can't imagine them getting and selling a phone they've no plans of selling. I have thought of asking them the same thing myself in the past actually.

Yea I agree, but the salespersons thinking that they did it so as not to lose a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I suppose if you were the main contact for, say, a business that had 20 handsets they might order you one in :)

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    I suppose if you were the main contact for, say, a business that had 20 handsets they might order you one in :)

Are you volunteering? ;)

Advertisement