Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell 1545 - No Network Controller

Options
  • 17-11-2011 9:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭

Guys,

my girlfriends sister left her laptop in with some cowboy to get the screen fixed and a few other odd jobs. She wanted Win7 but he put vista ultimate on it... that's just the beginning but I wont bore you with the rest of his idiocy!

It now wont recognise an internet connection, even if its plugged directly into it. Quick look at the device manager shows there is no network controller. The network adaptor (Marvell Yukon yoke) is fine. Does anyone know where I can get a vista x32 driver for it? I've downloaded EVERY driver from Dells Drivers and Downloads page but none worked. HAve been googling for an hour and STILL no joy, bar this godsh1te who tried to charge me €3 to buy it... i dont think so some how!

Suggestions on a post card! :mad:

Comments

Advertisement