Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

change in circumstances

• 17-11-2011 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been on OPFP since my son was born, myself & my partner split up during the pregnancy due to his involvement with another woman, this is something I thought I'd never get over but in the past 3 years we have become more like friends again instead of the usual being just about civil to each other (my fault I know).

He is in full time employment, lives a few hours away, has always paid maintenance & provided as much as he could.
    I have also been receiving Rent Supplement, which was reduced in amount monthly in accordance with his maintenance payments.

So about a year ago we slowly started up our relationship again...Of course I was sceptical and kicking myself but things were different years on I guess... anyway I found out I was pregnant in September, shocker, but anyway.. we discussed things and have decided to make a go of it properly...us being much older and more mature this time I have faith in it working this time.

My rent allowance was cancelled from the end of October due to me being told by the CWO in August that I needed to find cheaper accomodation...so due to the pregnancy & my change in circumstances I didnt bother sending back the new rent allowance forms and found a place to live that will be affordable for us as a family when we all settle in together (should be by end of December as he is working overseas until then)

My question is in regards to what or how do I go about the next step? I am anxious to come off OPFP asap, but want to know what to say or ask for when I go into my local SW office.

Can he ask for FIS...will I need him with me when we go into the offices for him to apply or do I apply? I am worried there will be a long waiting time for processing etc of new claims so I am trying to weigh off rent & bills with a greatly reduced income.

I want to do this asap as I dont want to be claiming OPFP when I am no longer a single parent.

Thanks

Advertisement