Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My new version of governance

• 17-11-2011 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Was thinking today, politicians pretty much say anything to get elected. They will spout out any number of promises and rarely stick to them once in office.

How about we make being a politician a performance related role. When they run for office they would have to clearly outline 10 specific objectives. They could get a standard 20k a year if they turn up 70% of the time and then get a bonus for every objective they achieve.

These people are motivated by money, if we dangle it in front of them like a carrot we should get better results.

And for the after hours injection, I intend to call this Atari Jaguar Democracy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Bring out the whips and chains OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

So this way we wind up with a FF-esque government with year on year tax cuts and welfare increases?

Sounds great...

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Haelium

I think that we should make election promises legally binding. If a party has a policy of making carrots illegal and they don't attempt to pass this law, they are fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

Western Civilization has become soft and weak................stop trying to incentivize good behaviour

how about this...if you fcuk up you die

bring back the fear I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

amacca wrote: »
    Western Civilization has become soft and weak................stop trying to incentivize good behaviour

how about this...if you fcuk up you die

bring back the fear I say!

I'm with you on this. In the past all the best leaders had kick-ass names that demanded respect. I'm talking about men such as;
    • Vlad the Impaler
    • Ivan the Terrible
    • Eric Bloodaxe
    What do we get? Fvckin' Pat 'the cope' Gallagher!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

Gee Bag wrote: »
    I'm with you on this. In the past all the best leaders had kick-ass names that demanded respect. I'm talking about men such as;
    • Vlad the Impaler
    • Ivan the Terrible
    • Eric Bloodaxe
    What do we get? Fvckin' Pat 'the cope' Gallagher!

I don't even remember him coping very well with anything

cope....such a housewifey verb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

amacca wrote: »
    I don't even remember him coping very well with anything

cope....such a housewifey verb.

He couldn't even cope with Gay Mitchell.

Advertisement