Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laughing at something you shouldn't really laugh at

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

myself and a few mates used to do volunteer work in our teens for a few hours a week

anyway on our very first time there,we were at this hall where special needs kids could play football/basketball and generally just run around and be active and have fun

we were all very nervous going in as we had no idea what to expect and no real training either in what to do.
    so we more sneaked in the door than made a big entrance of it
    anyway,the first person we see is a girl sitting on her own in a corner by the door
    now when i say this girl had the biggest head you've ever seen
    I mean no exaggeration-this was the largest cranium any of us had ever encountered in the real world
    with no meanness intended this was the ugliest woman your imagination could conjure,horrendous teeth,acres of forehead,chunky glasses-the lot
    alas,probably as a result of looking like a female version of sloth from the Goonies it apparently made her very shy around people
    she didn't utter a word at all to us guys when we came in.

so my mate,being the bravest of us all walks right over crouches down on his hunkers so he's at her eye-level,extends his hand for a handshake
    and in the softest,slowest most gentle voice ever says
    "Hello there,my name is Barry" as if he was talking to a pet mouse

instantly,she beams bright red

Que massive,awkward silence....then

"yeah-I'm Niamh,I'm a helper here too"

the laughter that followed from us,was louder than a 747 on take off
    cruel yet hopelessly unstoppable,uncontrollable laughter!!

(we knew Niamh for about the next ten years after that,never really did become besties with her :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭texidub

punchdrunk, nothing to do with your story of course, but there's forgivable nervous laughter at funerals and other inopportune moments and then there is being an ignorant farking cnut. Just so you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

I once laughed at a retarded boy! He was talking to himself on the bus and it was funny. It was one of those moments where you say to yourself dont laugh you asshole, you'l be mobbed. I had my hand up to my mouth trying to hide my facial expression while also pretending to cough and then some. in the end i was the one who looked retarded.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

texidub wrote: »
    punchdrunk, nothing to do with your story of course, but there's forgivable nervous laughter at funerals and other inopportune moments and then there is being an ignorant farking cnut. Just so you know.

eh cheers,the now 15 years older Punchdrunk says thanks for that handy tip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

This video cracks me up every time!! :D Really shouldnt be laughing at it though. LOL http://youtu.be/nqGOOTjxTZ0

P.S Why cant i embed videos? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

20 times I've watched it in the last few days and it still has me cracking up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

amacachi wrote: »

Thank you amacachi, i havnt laughed that hard in a while, i almost cryed. Oh god.:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Hell has a special place reserved for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

amacachi wrote: »

quote " i get staby with knives " - classic

also could be used with " i get shooty with guns "

anyone remember the horizon bbc program called " johns not mad " from the mid 80's ?
    i swear i nearly crapped myself with laughter watching that - im so bad really

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

In a hospital for amputees undergoing physiotherapy to visit a relative, walking through the ward my dad drops his phone without noticing. A woman walks over and gives it back to him, and my mum says to her ‘Thankyou, losing that would be like losing an arm for him’.I could not stop laughing and my mother was mortified

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭amacca

KittyKat wrote: »
    This video cracks me up every time!! :D Really shouldnt be laughing at it though. LOL http://youtu.be/nqGOOTjxTZ0

P.S Why cant i embed videos? :(

Imagine if that dutch tv presenter had to interview ronnie whelan or frank stapleton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this, someone could have been hurt, but fcuk me if it isnt hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

I was working away in a deli one day with this young lad.
    A guy comes up to the counter and asks for a roll.
    So my work mate is cutting the roll and says to the customer very quickly
    "would you like blowjob on that?"

To which the customer just says "sorry?"
    "Butter, would you like butter?"
    "Oh yes, yes please. Thought you said something else."

I remember I nearly shat myself laughing at the time.

While working in Harry Corry, I noticed a woman with her son and his GF at the till waiting to be served.
    I walked over, smiled and said hi.
    I looked up at her and saw that she had more stubble than a homeless man.
    It was sooo hard to refrain from laughing in her face.
    As soon as she left, I just burst out laughinh. I couldnt believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Several things...

Was at a funeral for a young man called Michael who was killed in a car crash. As the coffin was being brought into the church for the removal, the song "The Fields Of Athenry" started playing over the speakers, as it was his favourite song. Grand... up until the lyric: "Michael, they are taaaaaking you awaaaaay". Oh dear. I don't know why, but it just cracked me up. I had to make a show and go outside, pretending to be very upset, when I was really barking with laughter.

There was a mentally disabled guy (late teens/early-20's I'd say) on the bus that I used to get home from school. It was mostly a friend of mine who did it (honestly!), but we used to wind him up something savage. We used to convince him that a random girl on the bus liked him and that he should go up and say something nice to her. He'd ask us what to say, and my mate would respond with something suitably horrible and sexual. Sure enough, up he'd get (nearly falling over several times as the bus rounded corners and whatnot) and walk to the selected victim. He'd blurt out the line my mate had fed to him, usually something Shakespearean along the lines of "I LIKE VAGINAAAAAAAAAS" et al. Cue mad laughter from us degenerates in the back of the bus and stifled laughter from everyone else.

When I was told that a very close friend of mine's brother had a fling with another man, I cracked up laughing. I know I shouldn't have, I have nothing against gay people, but it's just cos this guy's brother is such a red-blooded, pussy-hunting, macho-man... and that he had a full-on sexual affair with another man and it's basically the worst best kept secret in the town they grew up in... Dear oh dear... I have a little grin to myself from time to time about it. I don't know why, but I just find it so amusing because it's so hypocritical.

Walked up to an acquaintance of mine one day. He was wearing a suit, which is so unusual for him, as he LIVES in jeans, hoodie, runners and baseball cap. So I clapped him on the shoulder and grinned, "How's things? Jesus, look at you all scrubbed up. Who's dead, wha?"
    "My mother."
    I know I shouldn't have, but I couldn't help myself... I just broke up laughing, thinking he was joking. He wasn't........

At a funeral, we were by the graveside and the priest fell into the grave... not once, but twice. I think I nearly had an aneurism over that one from laughing so hard.

Working as a poker dealer one night, and the boss is sitting next to me in the cash game and is playing. One of the boss's friends is playing and losing his bollocks. The boss has a really infectious laugh and it always gets me going. This is at like silly o'clock in the morning and when I'm very tired, I get giggly and very excitable. So of course the guy losing is going ballistic... "Fúck sake... fúcking sick..." The boss starts laughing at him and I can't help myself but start giggling too. Your man throws me (not the boss) a filthy look and says "IT'S NOT FÚCKING FUNNY, DAAAAAAAAAZ!!!". Cue me needing to get someone else to come in and deal for the next 20 minutes while I nearly got sick laughing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

:eek:

Psuedobulbar affect - ye ALL got it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

The day my father took myself and my younger brother to mass and decided to sit up the front.My brother (who was only 4 or 5 at the time) wasn't too impressed by what the priest had to say and decided to let him know it by roaring "Shut Up! will you ever shut up".I nearly got sick from laughing,the two altar boys up front wern't holding up too well either.Then the choir started up which my brother took as his cue to also start singing,only he wasn't singing amazing grace ,he decided to sing 'ole! ole! ole!' as loud as possible.As soon as communion time came round my father grabbed the two of us and hauled us down the aisle and out the door.Myself and my father were in stitches for a good 20 minutes after it,my brother had no idea what was so funny.

• Advertisement

hahahaha best story ive heard all week!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I find if you can get a woman to laugh at something she shouldn't laugh at you are well on the way to bedding her.

Unless of course she's already evil and routinely mocks the disabled, ugly etc...

The it wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Actually have remembered a funnier one than my previous post.....

We were out on a stag last year and one of the lads is quiet when he's sober but a pure maniac when drunk. Gets handsy with girls and the whole shabang. Anyway, he had a few in him and was feeling confident and this fine girl walked by him and he gave her a big slap on the arse. She turns around and warns him that she will hit him if he does that again. The lad kind of justs laughs and shrugs his shoulders, before winding up and slapping her in the arse again. Girl turns around and clocks him one in the jaw. Lad stumbles back a few steps and falls down a small step. Everyone is aghast. Apart from us. We are in stitches.

Good enough for him. Though she should have glassed him in fairness. Now THAT would've been funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Summer 1998. McDonalds are holding an open recruitment day for summer vacancies. I went in for the interview and there must have been at least 50 people sitting around and waiting. Proceed to do a competent enough interview.

Following week, I get a letter, the standard "Unfortunately......" Oh well, what can you do.

Three weeks later we all went to the same McDonalds and a Down Syndrome is working away cleaning and clearing up tables.

I say "That doesn't say much for me!"

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

At the funeral of a traveller we knew who died in a car crash. He was a sound fella, had dozens of kids most of whom were semi-dribblers but were big lads all the same. Anyway during the mass his brother went into hysterics roaring "why did you leave me" and the like, he had to be carried out roaring. My cousin turned to me in the aisle and whispered "he must have still owed him a fiver"...I'm doing my best not to crack up in the interests of not infuriating a clan of retarded cream crackers but I was failing so I left the church. Problem there was the lads who'd carried yer man out were still out in the car park trying to calm him down. I had hurry off to a corner and pretend I was bawling me eyes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I once saw a dwarf lady get blown over in the wind. I challenge anybody not to laugh at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

I suppose anytime i see Stephen Hawkins on tv i always have a little snigger to myself..:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

When I was around 13 I was in McDonalds and saw this little kid of about 4 or 5 walk over to a group of mid twenties friends at their table. The kid was being a typical cheeky kid and then decided to focus his attention on one of the slightly overweight lads. He called him fat and several names that made the friends of the overweight guy laugh. The overweight guy proceeded to grab his large coke and threw it point blank in the kids face. The kid was drenched. I was shocked at first but then couldn't stop laughing. The kid's mother then arrived an gave out to your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Anytime I have had to take part in a minutes silence I always get a fit of nervous giggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I was working in a Solicitors office and when someone would come in we would ask them their name and tell them to take a seat and the Solicitor would be with them soon. I was so used to doing this that when someone came in in a wheelchair one day I trotted it out. Had to go to the toilet and cry laughing at my stupidity for a few mins.

A few years ago I was driving to my Granny's funeral with my kids and my sister in the car and a bird flew into the car and hit it. I was upset but kept going. Arrived at my Granny's house and went to get something out of the boot. I saw this feather stuck to the boot and thought "aw Granny sent me a feather to show she is with me" then remembered hitting the bird and burst out laughing as she was being carried out of the house.

The same Granny would have loved that though so didnt feel too bad coz she had a devilish sense of humour. She knew that no one would give out to an auld one so she played up on it. A few days before she died when she was really ill in hospital, we were in visiting her and this guy came in with a bald patch on top of his head and just hair round the sides. She had been chatting to us at a normal volume until she spotted him and then, at the top of her poor failing lungs she says "that man is growing out through his hair" We all cracked up.

She had put on a bit of weight in her old age and would often remark that she was now "the full of the chair". The day after she died we were in the mortuary of the hospital and the coffin was open and we were all sitting round, the priest was praying and one of my cousins said a little too loudly "shes the full of the coffin" We again burst out. Her final days and funeral were full of laughs, one of my cousins almost set fire to the priest with a candle during prayers by the coffin in the house and we all cracked up again.

God I miss her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Went to school with a lad that had no arms or legs. He had the nickname "Torso boy" (taken from the weird al song). He was a cúnt tbh.
    In my school there was a a row of 2 basket ball courts and a big open tarmac space to play football on. It was on a slight slope and to get down it there was a steep ramp.

one day we were all just standing around outside when we noticed someone had pushed torso boy down the slope in his wheelchair. We were in the pisses laughing as we watched him rolling down the hill flailing his err body in the chair while a few people chased after trying to save him.

At the end he just smacked into the wire fence and kind of tipped forward and got jammed between the fence and his wheelchair.

Nearly pissed myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

i am terrible for laughing at the most inappropriate times!! and if i take to the fits of giggles theres no way of hiding it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdA7amVMrBc

This documentry always cracks me up

(hope ya can follow the link not sure how to put them up

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

Was walking alongside a road with my clumsy cousin when we were about nine/ten. She trips over her own feet and rolls down this slope through about a million nettles and comes to a stop somehow with her back against an electric fence and her legs up against the slope of grass/nettles so she can't get up and is just sitting there in pain from the nettles and the electric fence while a couple of horses on the other side of the fence are looking at her curiously. You probably had to be there but I never laughed so much in my life and it still cracks me up. She forgave me eventually though :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I was out for a walk with a few friends one day, one of whom was a Brother in a religious order, although he was a devout slagger of all things officious. He decided to stop for a piss against a hedge and much to our delight, hits an electric fence with his stream of piss. He couldn't stop the flow as the jolts hit him and cursed like a docker. We laughed like hyenas!

regards
    Stovepipe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

I have the most awkard moment with one of my best friends too often. The "your mother" joke was being over-used by me.. And her mam died just over 3 years ago (RIP) and she asked something to which I looked her in the face and said your mother! I just died inside as I heard her pissing herself laughing, everybody else looking at the floor. I just die when it happens but need to laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Few stories on the first page have me laughing inappropriately at work! Yis bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Went to school with a lad that had no arms or legs. He had the nickname "Torso boy" (taken from the weird al song). He was a cúnt tbh.
    In my school there was a a row of 2 basket ball courts and a big open tarmac space to play football on. It was on a slight slope and to get down it there was a steep ramp.

one day we were all just standing around outside when we noticed someone had pushed torso boy down the slope in his wheelchair. We were in the pisses laughing as we watched him rolling down the hill flailing his err body in the chair while a few people chased after trying to save him.

At the end he just smacked into the wire fence and kind of tipped forward and got jammed between the fence and his wheelchair.

Nearly pissed myself.

Disgusting story TBH and you've too many posts to be trolling. Couldn't blame him for being a **** with no arms or legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭ollkiller

About 10 years ago we recorded our first ever demo with the band i was in in enniskillen and we were driving back to castlebar. We were all about 18 and were shouting here's our new cd out the car at passers by all the way home. Young silly stuff that youngsters do until we hit claremorris and our singer who was driving say this guy and held the cd out the window and said "See our new cd ya bastard". What he didn't see himself was the dark sunglasses and the cane he was using as he was oblviously blind.
    Cue outbreak of laughter in car for 10 seconds and then ineviatable realisation that we were all going to hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Joekers

Once the teacher threw a rubber on the floor in anger and it bounced back up and hit him in the face. The class was in tears.
    Something like this happened when I was in 3rd class the teacher threw a plastic cone (hard enough) at a boy sitting next to me wasn't meant to hit him but just grab his attention anyway the lad kindly repays the favour and picks it up but doesn't miss, right bang in the back of the head, class erupts into laughter as the teacher starts crying and runs outta the room, funniest moment ever.

Pissing myself laughing watching this. Hahahahhaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teNgQTrv6pE

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

I used work in a swimming pool and when people used slip on the tiles I could not stop laughing, needles to say they werent to impress when I asked if they were ok whilst trying my hardest to hold in the laughter!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

This thread is so funny, but terrible some of the things we laugh at!!

Well, this is another mass one, we were at a relative's anniversary mass about 4 years ago, sitting near enough the front but my sister ended up being one of the last to get communion. She was standing at the end of the altar for a while, me & the other sis realised the jumper she was wearing had a big SALE €10 sign hanging out the back of it. well could we stop giggling :D and the worst was she was ages coming back down to us, so we couldn't look anywhere else :p and the mother giving us daggers of course!

An embarrassing moment for myself, was Interrailing with two friends a few yrs ago, and were getting food in one of the train stations while between trains. One of the girls said she'd wait with our bags just outside the food court, while myself and the other girl would get food sorted. I bought a packet of chips and had just put loads of mayo on them, was concentrating on eating the first yummy chip but didn't realise there was a glass pane between myself & the girl with the bags - smack bang into it and was so embarrassed I left a big dollop of mayo on the glass too :D cue a 6 hr train journey that followed and the two girls could not stop laughing everytime they looked at me. I eventually moved seats to the next carriage down :eek::P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

KittyKat wrote: »
    Pissing myself laughing watching this. Hahahahhaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teNgQTrv6pE

WARNING: defibrilators at the ready for this one, i thought my lungs were gonna drop outta my chest i was laughing so hard at that one! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I was watchin The Green Mile on DVD, and you know that scene where Percy executes Dale and he doesn't wet the sponge therefore prolonging his death.

Well was that meant to be funny cause i found it hilarious or am i just a sick f&ck ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I was walking past a bus stop and some man in a wheelchair was getting off.

The bus driver put down the ramp for the man to go down. So off he goes, as he gets to the end, he hits the side of the curb and faceplants into the ground.

I couldn't resist laughing. Felt terrible :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

fryup wrote: »
    I was watchin The Green Mile on DVD, and you know that scene where Percy executes Dale and he doesn't wet the sponge therefore prolonging his death.

Well was that meant to be funny cause i found it hilarious or am i just a sick f&ck ?
    Sick f&ck. I still hate that guy. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Laughed at some ones phone conversation at a cafe today, cause he was speaking so loudly. Could hear everything he said. He had to repeat what time he going home twice. It was so funny. I spat out my soup! It brightened up my day and put me in a good mood! lol

Bought a few funny movies so might watch them later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Drunk at a session one night and I'm getting off with this punk girl. We move to a bedroom and I pull off her underwear and am about to go down on her when I notice her pubes (neatly trimmed and all they are) are dyed green! Fair enough. But I cracked up when I saw the little tattoo she had above her pubes... "Keep off the grass"

Classic.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Disgusting story TBH and you've too many posts to be trolling. Couldn't blame him for being a **** with no arms or legs.

Oh lighten up. There are probably worse stories in this thread and its not like he wasn't laughing at it himself. It was one of his friends who did it. they were a group of scumbags anyway including him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

DazMarz wrote: »
    Drunk at a session one night and I'm getting off with this punk girl. We move to a bedroom and I pull off her underwear and am about to go down on her when I notice her pubes (neatly trimmed and all they are) are dyed green! Fair enough. But I cracked up when I saw the little tattoo she had above her pubes... "Keep off the grass"

Classic.....
    Imagine being her gynacologist :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Daniel S wrote: »
    Sick f&ck. I still hate that guy. :(

I have never hated a character in a film as much as I hated this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

DazMarz wrote: »

Classic.....
    :eek: Grass that needs a sign like that must get alot of footfall...or it's on Church grounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

you guys are bad, you know that. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement