Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

john Deere screeching noise

• 17-11-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

our john Deere has seemed to have developed a rather annoying screeching noise lately seems to be coming from the engine was told that it may be the fan belt mite be a bit off line.. but then some day there could be no screeching...need help asap..the radio speakers are suffering badly due to the screeching.haha

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

our john Deere has seemed to have developed a rather annoying screeching noise lately seems to be coming from the engine was told that it may be the fan belt mite be a bit off line.. but then some day there could be no screeching...need help asap..the radio speakers are suffering badly due to the screeching.haha

Had a similar problem, had to wear earphones :mad:

Did you look at it, try to figure where its coming from?

I probably should say not to put your hand near its when working:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭charityboy

if its that loud and the tractor is still running it must be one of the belts ,dont tension them to tight either as you will do in bearings , usually slip more when cold i find

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JOAT

Heard someone use Talcum powder before to stop the screeching. Just put it onto the belt and pulleys of the fan belt. Never tried it myself though so cant say how well it works or if at all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭bog_savage

I had same problem with a 6310 , think there was less than 1000 hours on it at time . JD mechanic said problem was broken fibres in belt or something like that . Replaced it and no problem since , 7000 hours now . Belt looked perfect , nearly killed me to have to spend €70+( I think ) on a new one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭roadtripman

check the bearings in the tension pulley, there prone to going and are usually the cause of damage to the belt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

check the bearings in the tension pulley, there prone to going and are usually the cause of damage to the belt

You wouldn't catch a Zetor, at that auld screeching and bawling.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭johnboy6930

JOAT wrote: »
    Heard someone use Talcum powder before to stop the screeching. Just put it onto the belt and pulleys of the fan belt. Never tried it myself though so cant say how well it works or if at all!!

did,nt have any talcum powder...put but a bit of lime straight down on the belt when she was running and straight away it stop..thanks lads helped alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

JOAT wrote: »
    it works alright ..... for a while anyway used to do it on a old jeep, couldnt stick the noise

• Registered Users Posts: 22 golfcruiser

Happens usually when the tractor is cold, had the same problem ourselves in a 6310. Was told to ignore and replace if the belt broke but it never did and the screeching has stopped since..

Advertisement