Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding - Athlone or Mullingar

Options
  • 17-11-2011 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I'm from Longford but sadly not many wedding venues here, so thinking of Westmeath. A lot of people coming to the wedding will need accomodation. Which town would ye recommend, any particular hotels?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

I was at a family wedding in the Annebrook House Hotel in Mullingar which was very good.
    They only have one wedding a day. The couple said the staff could not have been nicer before, during and after the wedding. Every one said the food was lovely and the staff called around to the tables offering more food. The were really nice to the children also.
    They have bedrooms and apartments which is a good option for a family. This venue is ideal for a wedding of 80 -140.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

I think we are looking in the region of 200 people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Hearing a lot of positive reports about Glassan Golf & Country Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hodson Bay is accessible from all directions and seems to do a load of weddings, must be doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

I've been to a few weddings in The Shamrock Lodge Hotel in Athlone, its a nice place and well worth a look at. The Bloomfield Hotel is very good too on the way into Mullingar.

I've heard good things about the Mullingar Park Hotel too so any of those would be worth a look. The Hudson Bay is a fantastic Hotel and one of my personal favourites but It can be pricey no harm having a look though:)

Best of luck with the search and the Marriage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buttynic

I got married in the Shamrock Lodge Hotel and it's a fantastic hotel. Probably the best value in the Athlone area and the staff are also very good. Food is top notch too. Happy hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭random10

we booked the glasson hotel in the end, thanks for advice

Advertisement