Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camden group doors and window

Options
  • 17-11-2011 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

If you're buying doors and windows only buy doors and windows off someone locally. There's a crowd in kilkenny - fogarty's it think and everyone swears by them. Don't make the same mistake as me so AVOID going to northern ireland to save money. I went to camden group in co. antrim. AVOID at all costs. I thought i'd save money and I bought 17 rehau windows and three rehau doors off them - all upvc. had terrible draught trouble with them. I looked for 12 small door keeps (roller strikers) value of 50cent for the doors and they refuse to supply them, they state that they only deal with the trade. They sacked the local salesman, and now I have no comeback. Should've spent the money and stick to the local fella or else go to munster joinery - they're very good too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

Exstock or fitted, as out of true fitting can make the best of windows perform badly,
    I found the Camden group more than decent both in sales and service, and their windows are not a rehau sections, and they are no cheaper than any one else,

But i do hope you feel better after that.......

• Registered Users Posts: 21 greatideas

Exstock or fitted, as out of true fitting can make the best of windows perform badly,
    I found the Camden group more than decent both in sales and service, and their windows are not a rehau sections, and they are no cheaper than any one else,

But i do hope you feel better after that.......

if you by some miracle found a contact person who can help me, please tell me who i should contact? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Sorry to hear your story OP...,

but I have experience in dealing with Camden (few years back, granted) and I couldn't recommend their products highly enough.

They use a 60mm REHAU system (S702, iirc) that is fully re-inforced, and unlike others, fully welded - i.e. no mechanical joints.

There was a rep based in Tinahely Co. Wicklow, and I never had any problem in getting any of their products from him. If it's a thing that you're struggling with sourcing any part for their windows, you should contact Mila, Baldoyle Ind Est, Dublin, and I can guarantee that they'll have what you want.

Good luck....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cmdtinahely

greatideas wrote: »
    If you're buying doors and windows only buy doors and windows off someone locally. There's a crowd in kilkenny - fogarty's it think and everyone swears by them. Don't make the same mistake as me so AVOID going to northern ireland to save money. I went to camden group in co. antrim. AVOID at all costs. I thought i'd save money and I bought 17 rehau windows and three rehau doors off them - all upvc. had terrible draught trouble with them. I looked for 12 small door keeps (roller strikers) value of 50cent for the doors and they refuse to supply them, they state that they only deal with the trade. They sacked the local salesman, and now I have no comeback. Should've spent the money and stick to the local fella or else go to munster joinery - they're very good too.

hi , i am working for camden for the last 8 years and i have been covering the kilkenny area for the last 2 years as there rep. i have not been told of any problems with any customer in the kilkenny area, in the past 8 years i can say that camden have never refused to rectify any problems that may occur , if the product is a camden problem it will be sorted, this can be done by contacting our head office and leaving name/adress and phone number and asking for rep to call, 04894462419 in our office number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GERRY MURTAGH

I know this thread is a while dormant but we have just had 19 units of Camden windows installed and they were of terrible quality. Internal and external scratches, rubber tails both inside and out, shavings trapped between the frame and the glass. The installer is on holidays so I contacted Camden and got told to go back to the installer. The quality problems are at manufacture, not installation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

I bought a black single rebate composite door off camden about 2 years ago. It had bevelled glass diamonds in side screens and the door itself. 3 of the 4 glass units had dirt on it inside so couldn't be cleaned and the lead work around the bevels was tatty and rough with cut marks in the lead and some strips short. I rang them many times in vain about getting replacement glass and was told they would get back to me. They never did infact they tefused to even answer the phone when i called. Also the paint is away from frame in spots on outside. These people are liars and to be avoided at all costs.

Advertisement