Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb "no show"

Options
  • 17-11-2011 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I wonder if anyone has any advice:
    I had signed up for a digiweb home and dsl package back in mid october- I had no physical line in my home, So digiweb told me they would get an eircom engineer to install one (free), And may take up to 3 weeks to do. I was fine with this and waited. I received an e-mail early this month saying the line was active and a modem was on it's way. Nobody had contacted me regarding the line installation (which hadn't been done), And i'd had no visits from an eircom engineer.
    I called digiweb to let them know this, And that there had surely been some mistake. I was told they would find out what had happened and call me back.
    I waited another week and then decided to get onto eircom myself. They had no record of the installation, So i went ahead and sorted it out myself.
    A few days later i had a call from an "eircom" engineer asking if i was still after the phone line. I told him i had it ordered from eircom, And it was coming that friday, At which he was o.k. After the line was installed i called digiweb straight away, And gave them the number eircom gave me. They told me it's a different number than the one eircom gave them, And couldn't get their heads around the fact that they hadn't set up a line for me, And as a consequence, Weren't supplying the service.
    They said the number i had was on a different exchange and they would have to investigate. I decided this was taking too long and sent the cancellation of contract e-mail to the supplied address, Stating that i'd happily send back the unopened modem. I have now recieved a bill for 1 months service. My question is should i have to pay this as i have never recieved any service (or line) from them. It looks as if somewhere along the way the wrong house has been activated, And also am i liable for any "out of term" cancellation penalty?
    I know this is a bit of an essay, but i'm genuinely baffled.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

I think steer clear of DIgiweb, my ex was with them, they over charged with 600eur as they got him "mixed up" with someone else taking over a month to refund him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If you have a telephone, you can call 19900 (I think) and your number will be read back to you. Or you can call you mobile and the number will come up.

If you get a line with Eircom, I dont think its free, I think you have to stay with them for 12 months or pay the cost of line instalation: €120.

Digi web havent a hope of billing you if they got the number from eircom and not you.

I would put what has happened in writing to them and also say you are cancelling your request for service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 aej1974

Thanks for the info. Will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 aej1974

As a follow up i have now recieved an invoice for cancellation fees, Even though they have supplied me with nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Dont pay a thing. They are useless. Tried to charge me for a line that didnt work and installation, told them no chance. Got a legal letter through. I replied with if they try, ill counter sue. They dropped it straight after that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement