Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigars in Ireland

Options
  • 17-11-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone know any good cigars in ireland
    where they would sell in centra or dunnes
    & how much are they
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What do you mean by "good" cigar?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bigsnap

just any cigars i want to try them

If that is the case - then you'll be sure to find cigars (both inexpensive & a bit more pricey) in your local Dunnes or Centra to suit your taste & budget. Enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bigsnap

So what is the cheapest cigars in centre/dunnes

No idea. Your best bet would be to ask at the counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭miltonkrest

king edwards are a petit corona size and cost around €16 for 5. a pack of h wintermans half coronas cost around €8 for 5 - but like the man said, there are cigars and there are cigars.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

if you are ever in the city center there is a shop called foxes across from trinity college. they do expensive and not so expensive cigars indivdual and boxed and have a decent website.
    cigars varey in strength from mild to strong so if you dont usually smoke they may be a bit sickning. they also vary in size and some of the larger may take a long tiime to somke.
    the best thing about a real brick and morter shop is you can ask for advice and try a few diffrent things.

http://www.jamesfox.ie/

i am no expert at all but these guys are

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Plautus

I'd sooner recommend Decent Cigar at the top of Grafton Street next door to Captain America's. They'll offer you free coffee while you browse and sell handrolled Cuban, Nicaraguan and Dominican cigars rather than the machine made stuff that will be sold behind the till in supermarkets. Prices can be reasonable enough, for the quality, with a Cuban petit-corona starting at 9 euro.

I think Cuban smokes are worth it, because if ever you subject yourself to a King Edward or Hamlet you might never smoke cigars again! (but it's a matter of taste - I won't be too snobby about it).

Plus, the staff there are genuinely friendly. When I was in Fox's I got the distinct impression that I didn't earn enough to be wasting their time.

www.decentcigar.com
    so if you dont usually smoke they may be a bit sickning.

Just be careful the first time you smoke cigars not to inhale them - let the smoke cover your mouth and then exhale. Cigars are for taste, not for the nicotine hit! Also, have a decent meal beforehand if you're worried.

Advertisement