Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New portfolio layout.

Options
  • 17-11-2011 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭

Evening all, just finished my new portfolio layout, if you fine people could have a look around and report any issues that'd be fantastic. :)

http://pjtierney.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I really like it, good job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Thanks man, took a while to get it right but now it's there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr.Dibble

Nice work. I recall seeing your F1 pieces on some design blog a while back.

Mr.Dibble wrote: »
    Nice work. I recall seeing your F1 pieces on some design blog a while back.
    Yeah they went somewhat viral back in April :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭alzer81

nice work. well done. is that site some kinda template? i came across the exact same site about 1 hour ago but was skinned differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Wow. Good Job.

Very nice indeed. Its a different layout to what one normally finds and thats refreshing. And it works well too which is vital.

I cant think of any criticism. I love the "shop" too, have you ever thought of doing TShirts?

www.zazzle.com is a "fullfillment" company, you make a "shop" on their site and then link to it, but you can do TShirts and they have some amazing options for framing prints/poster etc. Although obviously your focus is getting new clients not selling shirts...

Anyway great job. I'm impressed.

alzer81 wrote: »
    nice work. well done. is that site some kinda template? i came across the exact same site about 1 hour ago but was skinned differently.
    Yes, it's a modified version of a theme from CargoCollective: http://cargocollective.com/

Here's more portfolios using that theme: http://cargocollective.com/showcase/filter/spacecollective

Cargo in itself is a great service and one worth getting an invite for. A limited version is available for free with the whole thing available at $60 a year. If you're looking for a free alternative check out Behance and their ProSite system. :)

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Wow. Good Job.

Very nice indeed. Its a different layout to what one normally finds and thats refreshing. And it works well too which is vital.

I cant think of any criticism. I love the "shop" too, have you ever thought of doing TShirts?

www.zazzle.com is a "fullfillment" company, you make a "shop" on their site and then link to it, but you can do TShirts and they have some amazing options for framing prints/poster etc. Although obviously your focus is getting new clients not selling shirts...

Anyway great job. I'm impressed.

The notion of doing T-Shirts has crossed my mind a few times and I'll probably give it a go in future. I'd like to organise it through my own store (powered by BigCartel, if any of you want to set up your own) which means either ordering a batch of shirts online that I can ship, or finding a place locally that does them. My current style of work is a little too detailed for shirts in my opinion, but I've been thinking about a wipeout-styled series based on the logos I made for a few projects: http://pjtierney.net/#1154829/Fiorano

You're right in assuming that I'm aiming for clients first though :)
    The plan for 2011 was to create the best portfolio I could, and then expand on that in 2012 while pushing to get work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Singed Icarus

I'm seriously impressed!! Vector or Photoshop? Either way clean lines, gorgeous colour schemes and the way everything is at a wee bit of an angle is a good way to identify your work - It says: "this is a PJ Tierny piece".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

• Advertisement

Icarus: The F1 stuff is mainly Vector with photoshop for colour/texture at the end.

P: I'll take that on board :)

Advertisement