Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dwarf Gourami on the way out :(

Options
  • 17-11-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

ah i've had him for a good 6 months now. Came back from a 4 day holiday and he wasnt acting right. My flatmate looked after the tank and have had no problems before. One of the tetras had died but was only dead in the tank for a few hours. I did a 30% water change when I got home and tested the levels the next day, all fine, did another one tonight and he looks worse. Just lying on his side at the bottom almost gasping. Probably only a matter of hours, other Gourami is flying around fine.

Anyone have this trouble before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Over-feeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mrpink6789

he is pretty good with the feeding, went through it with him so doubt it. either way im going to starve him for a few days, see if he perks out. doing a bit of digging it could be swim bladder infection also. this happened to one of my loaches about a year ago and he didnt make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭mrpink6789

so not only one dwarf gourami but two of the little guys died. symptoms seemed to point to a bladder infection and i got something from the fish store but it didnt work. now i just noticed 3 baby cory fish on the glass so im wondering if anyone know if they might have had something to do with it?

Advertisement