Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

waterford city full time fire fighter

• 17-11-2011 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

hey folks i,ve applied for this the closing date was last thursday does anyone know whats the story with it when they doin interviews???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

Interviews?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

hey folks i,ve applied for this the closing date was last thursday does anyone know whats the story with it when they doin interviews???

All applicants will be notified after the 19th by email of the date of their psychometric test and upon successful completition of this test ya will have attend interview and physical and then the panel will be formed

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

I was told by someone I know in the Fire Service, that they got 830 applicants... and firemen from Dublin, Arklow , London, Berlin have applied! maybe irish wanting to come home? not sure..

this could well be bull**** tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

savic04 wrote: »
    I was told by someone I know in the Fire Service, that they got 830 applicants... and firemen from Dublin, Arklow , London, Berlin have applied! maybe irish wanting to come home? not sure..

this could well be bull**** tho

I find it very to believe where someone in the service could know how many applied and more so where they were from and their employment status as the entire application process is been looked after by publicjobs, and only after the psychometric testing phase will any personal details be passed to the city council for interview stage.. And the number of 830.. Pulled out of the sky...I work in the brigade in the city and I tell ya we have not been told anything about the applications... Numbers or anything of the like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

cheers lads am getting a little impatient is all lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Want me to put to much coal on me fire and call ya? Be good for cv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

ex_infantry man there is a retained job advertised on the Waterford coco site as well in case your interested seeing as you in Tramore

http://www.waterfordcoco.ie/en/services/humanresources/currentvacancies/

just letting you know if you wanted to apply :-)

H

Any idea how many are going for it?

haha good one seanybiker lol heathen i,m actually living in waterford now moved in bout month ago must change me location, i actually know the fella in tramore who,s retiring

when they doin interviews???
    If a candidate successfully passes the aptitude test, they will then be called for an interview. You Must be fairly confident , if you are looking at being interviewed already. Id also say there are alot of applications for it.

• Advertisement

If a candidate successfully passes the aptitude test, they will then be called for an interview. You Must be fairly confident , if you are looking at being interviewed already. Id also say there are alot of applications for it.
    yeah there a psychometric test before interviewing, did,nt know this until yesterday tis literally an aptitude test of sorts, i,d like to think i,d pass it but shur if i get called i,ll give it my best its something i,ve always wanted to be ya know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Cill Dara Abu

yeah there a psychometric test before interviewing, did,nt know this until yesterday tis literally an aptitude test of sorts, i,d like to think i,d pass it but shur if i get called i,ll give it my best its something i,ve always wanted to be ya know
    I hope the test doesn't include the use of comma's :pac:

very smart aint we cill dara abu!!!!!! hopefully there,ll be someone along in a min to show ya the door and the right direction to the kildare forum if one should exist!!!!!!!!

Did you not read the book about the job before you applied? It was on the publicjobs.ie website. Everyone will be called for the aptitude , i think. 95% is the pass rate for the aptitude , i think.

Did you not read the book about the job before you applied? It was on the publicjobs.ie website. Everyone will be called for the aptitude , i think. 95% is the pass rate for the aptitude , i think.
    nope damn download would,nt open on my laptop

You should have heard today (or in the next few days) that the dates for testing are either the 13th or 14th of December, the date your booked in for will be announced the week of Nov 28th

PS. here is a link to the Familiarisation booklet for the test :)

http://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/getDoc.do?name=Firefighter_WCC_Familiarisation_Booklet.doc

Best of Luck

H

Thanks heathen,
    yeah got the message and managed to fix the problem with opening documents on my laptop and had good look over the familiarisation document, am looking forward to it now and wish anyone else going for it the best of luck. !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Whatever test you passed to get your punctuation nazi license obviously didn't cover apostrophes. If you're going to correct someone, at least have your own sentence right. Better yet, don't correct the person at all. It's not big and it's not clever.

On topic: Best of luck to any of you applying for this job. I know it's not something I'd be able to do.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Whatever test you passed to get your punctuation nazi license obviously didn't cover apostrophes. If you're going to correct someone, at least have your own sentence right. Better yet, don't correct the person at all. It's not big and it's not clever.

On topic: Best of luck to any of you applying for this job. I know it's not something I'd be able to do.
    nkay think this chap is just a troll maybe its mr scully on a roll?????lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

nkay think this chap is just a troll maybe its mr scully on a roll?????lol

Just an AH poster thinking he'd get a few cheap laughs in here for an idiotic comment. Managed to make a right mess of it too!

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Just an AH poster thinking he'd get a few cheap laughs in here for an idiotic comment. Managed to make a right mess of it too!
    too true!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 WESTMEATH22

Hi I'm new to this thread. I am doing the test next Tuesday. I heard that there are about 900 people for 6 jobs. Does anyone know if this is true. If called for interview approximately when are they on. Also when do these jobs actually start ?. Is the training in the UK ?. If so is it non-stop for 12 weeks or do you get weekends off ?. If anyone knows could they please let me know. Thanks.

Hi I'm new to this thread. I am doing the test next Tuesday. I heard that there are about 900 people for 6 jobs. Does anyone know if this is true. If called for interview approximately when are they on. Also when do these jobs actually start ?. Is the training in the UK ?. If so is it non-stop for 12 weeks or do you get weekends off ?. If anyone knows could they please let me know. Thanks.
    am in next tuesday myself at 09.30hrs for the test, where did you get the info about 6 jobs and 900 applications as all this is being carried out by the public appointments service and the waterford city fire service don,t even have this info as i know few lads in there and they could,nt even tell me the info you just provided??? i,d imagine either xmas week or after xmas??? the training takes place in morton on marsh fire services training college here,s there site http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk/ take a look they have some facilities over there, i,d imagine weekends off???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

I'm in myself next Tuesday @ 9:30. Anyone know how many people attend each session and how many sessions there is? Just to get a rough idea...

I'm in myself next Tuesday @ 9:30. Anyone know how many people attend each session and how many sessions there is? Just to get a rough idea...
    there,s gonna be two sessions each day, i rang the public appointments service as i thought i,d have to postpone it to a later time but am ok, the second test is starting around 13:00hrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Also how long will the exam take?

Hi, thanks for the link to the college it looks really good. I'm not sure about the 6 jobs, I just heard it off o friend of mine.

Hi, thanks for the link to the college it looks really good. I'm not sure about the 6 jobs, I just heard it off o friend of mine.

Just to Clarify its 2 jobs

Good luck to all sitting the test this week!!

H

best of luck to everyone doin the exams today and tomorrow, did mine all i have to do now is wait and have the fingers crossed that i got good result

• Advertisement

Hi I also did the exam today and found it ok. Hopefully I'll get called to the interview. The staff in the Kingfisher said there are 200 booked in today and 200 tomorrow for the exam. How did everyone else find it ?.

Hi I also did the exam today and found it ok. Hopefully I'll get called to the interview. The staff in the Kingfisher said there are 200 booked in today and 200 tomorrow for the exam. How did everyone else find it ?.
    200 me arse hall twas only half full for our exam, i found on two questions did,nt have enough time and did,nt answer bout 6 questions at the end between the two but the video,s ya had to be quick on what ya saw fingers crossed now we,ll know in a few weeks i guess, best of luck with it westmeath

2oo is what the staff said it was booked for per day. I reckon there were about 140 tables and only half of them were used. Hopefully that will be a similar number for all the sessions. Best of luck to you as well

I passed the exam and have been called to stage 2. I hope ex-infantry man got good news as well

I passed the exam and have been called to stage 2. I hope ex-infantry man got good news as well
    sadly no!!! was unsuccessful but i am having them review it for me!! i wish ya the best of look with the next stage

sadly no!!! was unsuccessful but i am having them review it for me!! i wish ya the best of look with the next stage

Ah shyte man. Sorry to hear that

• Advertisement

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ah shyte man. Sorry to hear that
    thanks seany, just about given up hope of ever becoming a firefighter tis second attempt and second rejection

i have been in touch with the public appointments service and there going to recheck my test for me, fingers and toes crossed people

thanks seany, just about given up hope of ever becoming a firefighter tis second attempt and second rejection
    Keep going bud. Brother had a few goes before he got into the guards.
    Hopefully the recheck will be good news.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Keep going bud. Brother had a few goes before he got into the guards.
    Hopefully the recheck will be good news.
    oh defo not gonna give up thats for sure its what i,ve always wanted to do since was a kid

Advertisement