Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mgs 5 confirmed

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yuss!

Cannot wait to skip the **** out of some cutscenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Cutscenes for life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

So, what exactly are they going to give us? I mean, 4 was awfully conclusive, the seventy final scenes wrapped up everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Some kind of prequel maybe? where you get to play as other Foxhound members?

Anyway it wont be out for about 3 years so no need to get too excited:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm just hoping for a good game this time. MGS4 failed woefully at the good part and barely got a passing grade for being a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I liked MGS4! I can't imagine what direction 5 will take, unless it's a prequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I adore the franchise

Everyone of the games were brilliant for me

Also Snake has to be one of the best gaming characters around, I cant see him in mgs 5 so that will be a big miss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I am a bit curious as to what they'd do with it as well. Kojima seemed kinda glad to be finished it after 4, saying it was the end of Snake's story. So it would be weird to have him as the main character again, even as a prequel.

Also, there's a Metal Gear forum so discussion could go there as well! Link is in my sig. It's had a new lease of life the last few weeks so join in!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Absolutely delighted. While I'm looking forward to hearing about Rising, it's won't be the same as your usual MGS game.

Wouldn't expect any real info for another 2 years though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

more action, less 90 minute cut scenes thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I am certain Kojima has said on several occassions that Solid Snake's story is over but theres still more places to go for Big Boss.

Tbh, and without spoiling anything, PW sets us up nicely for the next chapter in Jack's story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Love this series, play it more for the cut scenes than the gameplay. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Love this series, play it more for the cut scenes than the gameplay. Can't wait!

indeed.. i think its a love it or hate it type of thing :P Don't understand all the whinging over MGS4, i loved it !

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Magill wrote: »
    indeed.. i think its a love it or hate it type of thing :P Don't understand all the whinging over MGS4, i loved it !

It definitely had its moments, and when you actually get to play the thing some parts are brilliant, the return to Shadow Moses was nostalgia awesomeness. those fcuking fried egg cutscenes though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

1320500500704.jpg

Just put out Rising and let the series die already Kojima. You can't have the plot more pants-on-head retarded than MGS4 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Prequel please involving the events of Shadow Moses, or perhaps a proper remake of the originals.

So much of this story can still be told. MGS for life. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Wonder if it'll have Amy actual gameplay to accompany all the pre rendered cut scenes. Yawn fest

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kojima's problem is that he fails to understand the arts of editing or brevity. The scenes by the river or the graveside in MGS4 lasted the guts of half an hour. It was a disaster editing wise. Barely any film could handle that, let alone a game that's shoddily written in the first place

Don't get me wrong, MGS3 and PW are astonishing games. But any further sequel I hope to hell Kojima takes criticisms on board. The chap can't tell a compelling, well paced story unless technical restrictions force him to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

He's an egotistical maniac! Now I don't know about the rest of the series but I replayed the original MGS a few weeks ago. His name is listed in the credits so many times, unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

No interest in this. I loved Metal Gear Solid, 2 was crap, 3 was okay and 4 was boring. I fell asleep on my couch during one cutscene and woke up to the 'press start to continue' only for another cutscene to kick in. B*stard!

Way more excitement for MGS HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

sheehy83 wrote: »
    No interest in this. I loved Metal Gear Solid, 2 was crap, 3 was okay and 4 was boring. I fell asleep on my couch during one cutscene and woke up to the 'press start to continue' only for another cutscene to kick in. B*stard!

Way more excitement for MGS HD.

The more I played 2 the more I warmed up to it.
    3 is still favorite though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MGS2 is a lot better in retrospect as a big fuck you to the fans and videogamings biggest troll. It also helped that outside the cutscenes it was a pretty decent game. I don't know what happened with MGS4 considering how right MGS3 got it. Still though MGS4 has been the only Kojima game that disappointed and as long as there's some one there to rein Kojima in he can make some amazing games. It's just that he's such a big ego (read: he's a bit of a dick) that it takes some one very special to actually tell him that he's going overboard. For example he pretty much was responsible for Jeremy Blaustein getting fired from Konami, the guy responsible for the first decent videogame localisations with Snatcher and MGS1 because Kojima wanted to keep all the really crappy cheesey lines like 'can love blossom on the battlefield' in MGS. I just hope he has a good director/producer. His big problem is that he thinks he is a great director and writer when he's pretty terrible but doesn't realise that his game production philosophy is a lot better than he gives himself credit for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I think mgs4 biggest problem was kojima wanted to leave the mgs series after mgs3, so instead of making more mgs games down the line he tried to cram too much story into one game and made it too complex along the way, while fans accepted snake fate , kojima knew what he made wasant the best way for him to go , i have this funny feeling mgs5 solid snake will be back

Konami is never going to let him finish the Metal Gear saga considering that Konami are in terrible shape and it's one of the few things that make money for them. I get the feeling that he'd rather be done with it and make other games. I'd love to see more stuff like the excellent Boktai and Zone of the Enders but he's going to be tied up in MGS for a long time. I think you are right especially with all the plot lines being tied up in MGS 4, pity it was with the same 'wizards nanomachines did it' deus ex machina.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I liked MGS4 but got an unhealthy taste for fried eggs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

MGS4 was a let down alright.
    I dunno, like its still a good game and all but it was missing something the others had.

Here is betting that even with MGS4's ending ... Snake will still be in MGS5 somehow. Kojima is really coming off as a whore with MGS.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Id say it will center around big boss or go in a completly new direction. I really doubt snake is comming back. It will be intresting to see what they do with it. Its probally going to be a few years before it comes out, could even be on the next generation of consoles.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Oh believe me, we get the hidden theme, allegeroies and hints of MGS 2 even if we didn't get them the first time round. Too bad they are told through one of the most god awful storylines in history.

• Advertisement

My arm also changes my personality sometimes.

Advertisement