Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlogEngine.net

Options
  • 17-11-2011 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I want to install BlogEngine.Net on a shared windows host on "dinadan". I've also noticed that you include BlogEngine.Net in your application vault. Is the app vault available on "dinadan" as it appears to be an older setup?

Thanks,

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Hi Daz,

Blogengine.net is just a .net application. You can upload it to your website, config it and it should work. But please note that dinadan is an old server 2003 node. You would be better off moving to a new windows minimus plan where you'll have Server 2008 with all the bells and whistles.

The app vault is only available on our newer hosting plans.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

Cheers Paul.

I already discussed moving to a minimus host with support, and was told that I could just purchase the new hosting and my existing sites could be moved across. Catch is I had just renewed my subscription on the previous package. If I purchase new hosting can I get the remaining monies credited to my account when the old hosting is deactivated?

Thanks,

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Hi Daz,

There's a time limit on credits and depends on how long is left on the account. I'm sure we could work something out though!

Paul

I pay yearly and I think there is 10/11 months left. I'll check it out this evening and raise it in a support ticket.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

dazberry wrote: »
    I pay yearly and I think there is 10/11 months left. I'll check it out this evening and raise it in a support ticket.

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

D.

I know from using blacknight for some time if you cancel your subscription you will receive the balance in credit.

They are pretty awesome to be fair that way.

Adrian

• Advertisement

I know from using blacknight for some time if you cancel your subscription you will receive the balance in credit.

They are pretty awesome to be fair that way.

Yes they have kindly said they will transfer over the remaining credit from the SOHO to the Minimus package when I have the latter setup and ready :)

D.

Advertisement