Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

airbag problem

Options
  • 17-11-2011 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

anyone recommend a good auto electrician preferably in Letterkenny.

airbag light is stuck on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Pat Meehan, he operates from a unit at the rear of hegartys old garage in Ballymacool. He's usually very very busy though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Is it a recently fresh / new car or an older car if you don't mind me asking?

If its a newish car, me personally I'd take no chances when it comes to these things (safety related) and bring it to a main dealer to get diagnosed properly to see what the problem is first. Only the main dealers have the latest software for their cars.

If its an older car yer man Meehan is great yeah but like CJ says he does tend to be hand to get. Leonard Wilson in burt is the other one I can think off but whatever chance you have of getting Pat, treble that wait time for Leonard, but he is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

That happened to my wifes car recently, she brought it to the main dealer where she bought it, he said it would cost €800 to fix it, we took it to another guy in drumkeen, Norman Frizzle, and he fixed it for €240. <snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

e240 to turn out a light..not a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

You asked for advice, I gave some. The airbag light was obviously on for a reason, the 240 euros was to fix the problem to make the light go out. That is the reason they have warning lights on cars, to warn you of a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

no offence intended. :)

just not looking forward to another big bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Just to say, and I know it's off topic, but using non-authorised companies to repair safety devices on vehicles could invalidate insurance claims.
    If that car had an accident and a person was hurt because an airbag failed to deploy or deploy correctly, or any other safety device for that matter, the insurance company will be asking questions as well as a thorough inspection of the car to find out why.
    Just something to think about.

Advertisement