Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I appeal to re-audition?

• 17-11-2011 11:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

Basically, I got a call back for a part a really want and screwed it up. I just didn't display my acting as well as I could have, I kind of blanked and couldn't think about things to do with my hands and face and movement, the lines were ok. I soon as I left I came up with a million things I could have done. I'm upset because I work really hard for theatre and study my characters down to the bone. I know, if given the chance, I would do a good job, it just wasn't my day today.

I'm really considering asking the director to see me again, I got the piece at very short notice and call backs are continuing for the next few days. I know they weren't happy with my call back.

Is that bad/inappropriate/ruining any chance I may already have?

Has anyone had any experiences with this or done this before and if so, how did it go? What are people's general ideas on this? I really want this part and I'd just love another chance. It's an amateur production by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭TygerKrash

Haven't experienced that particular situation but my gut says don't do it. Looking at it from the role of the casting director, the question would necessarily be raised : why should you get special treatment? nobody else gets a second chance. Asking, as you say, could mark you as awkward or worse cheeky in the eyes of the person who is now put in the position of having to refuse you.

I feel you are better to take it on the chin, learn the lesson and figure out how not to make those mistakes again.

That said , like most things it's all about personalities, you might get lucky. maybe it came across you were having an 'off' day (did they say as much to you?) and maybe the person making the call is a sympathetic sort or its just not a formal process. but you are depending on luck.

Either way, best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

Thanks, I had already decided not to do it! Will just have to wait and see and, as you said, learn from the situation and hope it doesn't happen again. :)

Advertisement