Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing Lessons in Eastern Suburbs, Sydney!!!

Options
  • 18-11-2011 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All,

Just moved to Eastern Suburbs in Sydney and I'm hoping to take some surfing lessons. Can anyone recommend a good surf school in the area? Group lessons would probably be ideal, least that way there would be more craic and less expensive. Any suggestions appreciated or anyone looking for the same thing...get in touch maybe we could get a group together!

Cheers,
    HS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

Hi All,

get in touch maybe we could get a group together!

Cheers,
    HS

Hi Humble Spud,

im moving to sydney myself in 2 weeks around the Richmond/Windsor area, iv been surfing a few times before and would definately be up for it again once i touch down!! have only been to a few lessons but would def be interested!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,347 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Richmond isn't near the eastern suburbs. It's prob pretty far from all beaches.

OP, where in the eastern suburbs.
    There's a surf club at bondi, and another at Maroubra.
    Tamarama, Bronte, Coogee, Covelly are inbetween but are smaller beaches and I can't remember clubs there. But I'm sure there individuals doing lessons are a nubmer of spots. Hostels and similar palces are prob good palces to see lessons advertised on notice boards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Mellor wrote: »
    Richmond isn't near the eastern suburbs. It's prob pretty far from all beaches.

Richmond is 74km from Bondi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

keep an eye on www.allthedeals.com.au for surfing lessons , i see them on there all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

daftdave wrote: »
    keep an eye on www.allthedeals.com.au for surfing lessons , i see them on there all the time
    me too ... in fact
    $59 http://www.jigocity.com.au/sydney/SurfwithSurfsUpSurfSchool_00517480013213312032758

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Kmc123

Mellor wrote: »
    Richmond isn't near the eastern suburbs. It's prob pretty far from all beaches.s
    I know this but I plan on spending the weekend in the city to catch a few lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Humble Spud

Cheers for that...will defo check these out...Kmc123 sure drop me a message when u get here and I'll fill you in on how the surfing lessons go!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

Bondi is your best bet as they have a huge number of groups that do lessons and cater to the complete beginner as it is big business and will supply all the gear. When you want to progress then they will point you in the right direction. lets go surfing in North Bondi are well known locally and very involved with the local scene. I am not associated in anyway shape or form but their website is http://letsgosurfing.com.au/.

Coogee and Clovelly no use to you as they are not wave beaches (but you could bodyboard or boogie board which are the same things).

Maroubra I would not recommend for ,eh, a number of reasons regardless of your skill set. Bronte would be way to rough for a beginner likewise tammers or maccas.

Incase you are new to the culture dont confuse surf clubs with surfing - different things. Surf clubs are life saving clubs not surfing clubs. Most clubs go under the tag boardriders ie. bronte boardriders, mauoubra boardriders etc.

When you get really really good you can get a tat around your neck

Advertisement