Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a self contained shower cubicle or unit

• 18-11-2011 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭

i am taking a bath from the upstairs bathroom and replacing it with a shower pod, have been looking up on internet and cannot find a supplier here in ireland, the reason for the whole self contained unit is i dont want drips coming through ceiling below, also, bathroom is small, i would be installing an electric shower in it, but still looking for said shower, dimensions 1000 by 900mm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

goat2 wrote: »
    i am taking a bath from the upstairs bathroom and replacing it with a shower pod, have been looking up on internet and cannot find a supplier here in ireland, the reason for the whole self contained unit is i dont want drips coming through ceiling below, also, bathroom is small, i would be installing an electric shower in it, but still looking for said shower, dimensions 1000 by 900mm

u can achieve the water proof-ness by using a fiberglass layer on the 2 sides and on the floor if u wish.

The pod wont last forever either:0

u can get a solid 1000 by 900 tray that if properly fitted will out last your children

Have the gully trap accessible from the bathroom by getting one that is elevated and get the slim traps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Carlow52 wrote: »
    u can achieve the water proof-ness by using a fiberglass layer on the 2 sides and on the floor if u wish.

The pod wont last forever either:0

u can get a solid 1000 by 900 tray that if properly fitted will out last your children

Have the gully trap accessible from the bathroom by getting one that is elevated and get the slim traps
    is that a sheet of fiberglass or is it a product a person paint of the walls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If you can find a UK supplier of the thing you want, and if they will deliver in the UK, you can always arrange for them to deliver to a shipping company like TransBridge freight http://transbridgefreight.co.uk/ who will then deliver it to you. I have bought a number of things from the Uk that way.

Advertisement