Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last XGC casual of 2011 - Dec 17th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

should be in for this,
    might leave mk home for the day,wana get some more kof games, see-sawing on if should pick it up or not,
    im already failing big time at picking up bb :o
    IMHO, KoF is a much better fit for you MK heads than BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    IMHO, KoF is a much better fit for you MK heads than BB.

hmmm,really? how so?
    like the only play ive had of it so far was playing the tourny at test your hype but it was pretty fun,even with back for block :p

hmmm,really? how so?
    like the only play ive had of it so far was playing the tourny at test your hype but it was pretty fun,even with back for block :p
    The rushdown & combo factors seems a good fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

The rushdown & combo factors seems a good fit.

lol kof, fits in with sf more then mk.

BB uses chains and gattles like mk. Also lol rushdown have you seen BB, you get punish for running away :p

but to be honest Mk is really more like tekken then the other games. just a 2d version of tekken.

chueytoo wrote: »
    but to be honest Mk is really more like tekken then the other games. just a 2d version of tekken.

true but ive also thought as SC as close enough to MK,the 3d one's even more so,i dunno maybe it just the block button is also in SC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

true but ive also thought as SC as close enough to MK,the 3d one's even more so,i dunno maybe it just the block button is also in SC

yeah the new sc is looking alot like mk as well. Pro kitana today, blocking kabal pressure like a boss (just hold a button lol) :p but yeah sc5 is looking quite cool, might give that a shot as well.

chueytoo wrote: »
    yeah the new sc is looking alot like mk as well. Pro kitana today, blocking kabal pressure like a boss (just hold a button lol) :p but yeah sc5 is looking quite cool, might give that a shot as well.

yea i plan to get i on releaseday anyway, so hopefully wont be picking up another game no one plays :pac:,yoshimitsu looks pretty beast thought,prob still play tira aswell for the craic

ye man thats what fightig kabal is,holding block and getting chiped to death by either instant air fireballs or dash cancels,
    play razers kabal, did u see his pad from them dash cancels??? was like a big ass grove in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I'll make sure to send you that text for Friday Casuals letters:/

May bring my Xbox if your 2nd set up supports VGA

Nutrient wrote: »
    I'll make sure to send you that text for Friday Casuals letters:/

May bring my Xbox if your 2nd set up supports VGA

what the fudge is vga,dont be talking to me in your college lingo
    the other tv just takes scart,like the red/yelloe/white

what the fudge is vga,dont be talking to me in your college lingo
    the other tv just takes scart,like the red/yelloe/white

ytf do people in this community not know what a VGA port/cable is!?

W/e thats cool I'll look around for a scart cable

• Advertisement

Nutrient wrote: »
    ytf do people in this community not know what a VGA port/cable is!?

W/e thats cool I'll look around for a scart cable

your lucky i even know what a scart is man :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I was at a tournament recently and a certain computer science student didn't know what a VGA cable was.

For those who don't know, VGA cables are used for roughly 95% of computer monitors in the world...

Anyways, VGA on left (female, male has pins) scart on right, VGA can display in HD, scart cannot.

VGA-Cable-15p-F-to-Scart-Cable.jpg

Next you'll be telling me them kids don't know what an old-school PS/2 keyboard is...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Next you'll be telling me them kids don't know what an old-school PS/2 keyboard is...

Don't be silly. Nobody uses a keyboard on the Sony Playstation 2!

:p

On a more serious note, you would be amazed at the amount of people who have their xbox's hooked up with a scart lead and have no idea they don't have HD. And there are plenty who claim its all the same. I play a with a guy alot in Fifa who is conviced that his SD setup is fine and swears he can't tell the difference between them. It's impossible trying to explain things to these sort of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Kirby wrote: »
    On a more serious note, you would be amazed at the amount of people who have their xbox's hooked up with a scart lead and have no idea they don't have HD. And there are plenty who claim its all the same. I play a with a guy alot in Fifa who is conviced that his SD setup is fine and swears he can't tell the difference between them. It's impossible trying to explain things to these sort of lads.

I'm not really surprised. It can be hard to compare graphics you've always had to better graphics you've never seen.

I think the one game in the early life of HD that educated a lot of people that they weren't outputting in HD was Dead Rising 1.

"No HD? No readable text for you!"

Since your gonna be there at 12/1 I'll head there for 1.00pm

Reckon since it'll be the last till January might as well be a long one

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

I was at a tournament recently and a certain computer science student didn't know what a VGA cable was.

For those who don't know, VGA cables are used for roughly 95% of computer monitors in the world...

Anyways, VGA on left (female, male has pins) scart on right, VGA can display in HD, scart cannot.

VGA-Cable-15p-F-to-Scart-Cable.jpg

FFS Dreddy, what a spoon you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I don't do Computing Science. :cool:

Kirby wrote: »
    Don't be silly. Nobody uses a keyboard on the Sony Playstation 2!

:p

A SCART setup on CRT would look pretty decent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I don't do Computing Science. :cool:

Fudge, iv'e been exposed as an incompetent, to be fair though I don't care what a vga cable is, my TV works fine with the multi coloured whatchamacallits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Fudge, iv'e been exposed as an incompetent, to be fair though I don't care what a vga cable is, my TV works fine with the multi coloured whatchamacallits.

. . . . . . . . thats the scart end. VGA end is for the computer. . . . . .You make people who did computer science (me) look bad

(Just going to say this is sarcastic since reading this may not seem like it)

Multicoloured would be Component (Y-Pb-Pr), really.

A SCART setup on CRT would look pretty decent though.

Yeah if you're gonna go SD, SCARt is the way to go.

Although, our recording device can take a composite signal. If I found a powered composite signal splitter, we'd be able to play on CRT :D

I think I actually heard my hauppage cry when it heard that.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Very much looking forward to this.

It's good we can all get together and talk vga and scart in person.

I'll be in around one!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Quick dirty tourny maybe???

Some sandwhich matches. . . . . . . . . .

A regain his honor over not knowing what a VGA cable is test???

We better make this the most hype casuals ever

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

No tournament please, just wanna chill out with casuals and chat to people

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Free in tourney. Winner gets a hug from Terry

If Terry doesn't bring bananas with him I wont be impressed.

I can't be there but I still won't be impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I'll be in around 1 as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Free in tourney. Winner gets a hug from Terry

Everyone gets a hug!! And yes there will be bananas.

Just completed the sydney-singapore leg of my journey home and have made the connecting flight to london (it was tight - was worries I wouldn't make it!). Still on course to be in dublin on the saturday morning. I'll be a mess!

Advertisement