Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You meet a person, you date, how long would you wait for sex?

• 18-11-2011 3:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

... And theres a poll :pac:

For me?
    3 dates... Not only because of contact such as texting or phone calls adds to getting to know someone. But, lets be honest after the first date people know if they wanna see the other again / never wanna see them again / just sleep with them / just use them to have a night out again.
    So for me why shouldnt things progress further after the third date because you just run the risk of wasting your time. A person is either into you or not.

But thats me,
    what about you?

(for a goof i added the last entry as " .. more / until they are ready" how many people will give the BS answer of "sure, i'd wait" )

How long would you wait? 173 votes

1st
    0% 0 votes
    2nd
    32% 57 votes
    3rd
    14% 25 votes
    4th
    28% 49 votes
    5th
    12% 22 votes
    6th
    6% 12 votes
    7th
    2% 5 votes
    8th
    0% 1 vote
    9th
    0% 1 vote
    10th
    0% 0 votes
    .. more / until they are ready.
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Who dates??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

I was torn between 3 and when they're ready. Voted for 3, not so much because I wouldn't wait longer (it happens when it happens) but I wouldn't be expecting it before the third anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

kieranfitz wrote: »
    I was torn between 3 and when they're ready. Voted for 3, not so much because I wouldn't wait longer (it happens when it happens) but I wouldn't be expecting it before the third anyway

I think we are on the same wave length :)
    Asking for sex before 3 might ruin your chances of having more with the girl (of course, if said person wanted more and not just sex) But 3 is giving someone enough time to not appear to using them for sex. Because, as i said above, if after 3 dates and someone shows signs that they are unsure they wanna sleep with you? ... not a good sign in my book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

3 maybe 4... minutes.

Do you like rape?
    No!!
    Thats the spirit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I think we are on the same wave length :)
    Asking for sex before 3 might ruin your chances of having more with the girl (of course, if said person wanted more and not just sex) But 3 is giving someone enough time to not appear to using them for sex. Because, as i said above, if after 3 dates and someone shows signs that they are unsure they wanna sleep with you? ... not a good sign in my book.
    Some couples wait 3 months. Would you run a mile if someone asked you to wait that long?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I haven't been single in a very long time!
    But I'd imagine that it's different for everyone.
    There are too many variables to determine a set time.
    Could be the first night, or could be after a few months.
    Just go with the flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Some couples wait 3 months. Would you run a mile if someone asked you to wait that long?

I'll handle this Lighterguy for the both of us.

HELL YES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

battser wrote: »
    I'll handle this Lighterguy for the both of us.

HELL YES

I feel a friendship coming on battser :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You should ideally have sex before you meet the new person, to put everyone at ease. You do however need a very long member and good aim, you don't want to hit a stray cat or nettle bush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

LighterGuy wrote: »
    I feel a friendship coming on battser :pac:

How many dates till the sex though??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

What? Dates? I just sent the PM to skip all that shiiiizzz :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭EKClarke

Before the date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

When the person is ready, it doesnt matter how many times or how many nights you meet them. Sex is meant to come naturally and not planned but thats just me. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

You are supposed to have a rule of thumb for this sort of thing these days??

I'm getting old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

You are supposed to have a rule of thumb for this sort of thing these days??

I'm getting old.

Actually I think it's an old person thing to have a rule of thumb about 'Oh wait till the third date' etc, isn't it? Sounds like the kind of thing ye hear talked about in 70's TV shows...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

bottle of rose and bit of cheese and you'll be sorted after the second;)

best aphrodisiac I know of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Come on lads this is Ireland. You have to wait until you get married.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

6 months. Then we can kiss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Dating!? 2hours Max then its out with the old chap.....ship ahoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Realistically, if it goes over a couple of months then you'd start worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭RubyRoss

Realistically, if it goes over a couple of months then you'd start worrying.

If you never spoke about it yeah there would be worry but during those months you'd imagine it would be discussed why someone had to wait or decline...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I pulled you at 2.54am- it wasn't for your witty charm, bend over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Well I'm not single but if I were......

Would have to be before dinner. Takes ages for my food to digest, somehow it stays in my throat for ages and that's not good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

EKClarke wrote: »
    Before the date.

That'd be great,get rid of the nerves and all :D

The three dates thing is irritating.people need to stop picking things up from american tv.

If someone held me to a rule like that,he'd be swiftly told where to go.

For me it'd depend entirely on how I feel about them,how they feel,the situation etc. There shouldn't be rules for this ****

give it a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Somewhere between the starter and main.

Perhaps desert if she's a keeper.

desert would be a little dry for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

how long would you wait...?

Don't just sit around waiting, you need to be pro-active in order to get it rode.

You'll never fong the gowel off anything with that defeatist attitude.

bluewolf wrote: »
    desert would be a little dry for that

Wouldn't like to see your other puns if that's anything to Gobi.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

stovelid wrote: »
    Wouldn't like to see your other puns if that's anything to Gobi.
    Heard she has nice puns alright.

Sky King wrote: »
    Heard she has nice puns alright.

While there is a grain of truth in it, it's been dune to death now, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

stovelid wrote: »
    While there is a grain of truth in it, it's been dune to death now, in fairness.

Time to draw a line ...............

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

On a serious note, I wouldn't expect sex on the first few dates but if it went to something like 6 or 7 dates or something, I'd probably be perturbed unless there was some genuine issue.

Not because you necessarily have to sleep with somebody within that time frame, but to be honest, I'd probably be thinking they were a bit moralistic or inhibited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

I think it's important to take the car for a test drive before you buy it. Just being honest here, there'd be nothing worse than spending loads of time getting to know someone, only to find out that there's a button mushroom-sized member waiting for you in his trousers, which he has no idea how to use properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I believe the national average is 4.62 seconds, according to a survey of 10,000 men and women. Source*

*57% of statistics are made up on the spot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

mojesius wrote: »
    I think it's important to take the car for a test drive before you buy it. Just being honest here, there'd be nothing worse than spending loads of time getting to know someone, only to find out that there's a button mushroom-sized member waiting for you in his trousers, which he has no idea how to use properly.

I thought size didnt matter? :eek:
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alexr1

about an hour maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

I think there should be a cash limit.

No more than 300 because if you were to offer it up front she'd probably bite the flute off ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The same night ive met them, if theyre good for it on the first nigjt then theres potential ,if they want to wait any longer ill hang in till i get the ride , call it mission accomplished and it doesnt really bother me if i see them again or not

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

3 months? Definitely not. Life's too short. If I think he's fun, sweet and sexy and we meet up again (sober) and I still think that, then sure why not ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

As long as it takes until it feels right. Which could be on the first night, you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

Well if someone found me irresistible and wanted me on date one I wouldn't say no, but I look like a bag of boiled ****e so I need time to wear them down

Depends on the girl.. The new gf is fairly traditional so I'll be waiting another couple of weeks with about 3/4 dates a week.

Depends on the girl.. The new gf is fairly traditional so I'll be waiting another couple of weeks with about 3/4 dates a week.

so the tradition there is to wait until your 8th date?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

As long as it takes until it feels right. Which could be on the first night, you never know.

This is exactly right, no one should have it set in their mind that it takes this number of dates to get me into bed.

If the chemistry is there the 1st night go ahead, if it takes a few more dates for it to feel right then thats fine too

so the tradition there is to wait until your 8th date?

No it's tradition to wait until marriage.. Her job has her travelling to other countries a lot so she's a bit more westernised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I don't like the idea of having a set time planned in mind before it happens. The third date might arrive and the moment just doesn't happen or it doesn't feel right or whatever. It'll happen naturally if it's going to happen at all. Not to mention that having it planned to happen on such a date kinda kills the spontaneity of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MegaWattKungFu

Whenever both people feel like it. Living life off a number/rule seems pretty silly.

No it's tradition to wait until marriage.. Her job has her travelling to other countries a lot so she's a bit more westernised.

well then it's not traditional, if she's going to do it before marriage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Whenever feels right...relationships don't work to a formula.

• Advertisement
Advertisement