Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You meet a person, you date, how long would you wait for sex?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

There is a stale stench of desperation in this thread :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

I would have far more confidence in a relationship, and it would mean more to me, if I had to work a bit at it, instead of the lass being ready for jumping into bed after 1 dinner and a couple of drinks. Personally I don't see how that is much different to just a one night stand after some boozy night out - and I would like the start of a long term thing to be different to that (but maybe I am just an old fashioned romantic)

If I want it to be a long term thing, I'd wait - I waited 2 months at the start of my current relationship. If a guy can't hold out that long, he is weak!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Dudess wrote: »
    Even if you like the girl? Jeez i don't understand all the waiting talk (when both parties would rather just do it) but I don't understand carrying on like a nympho alley-cat either.

I took the question to mean someone you don't know well, as in a first date where you've only met them a couple of times. I would generally get a good feel for their personality after the first 2 dates, and would be able to guess when sex might be on the cards, if it's a long wait, I'll simply be friends with them, I'm not one who likes to deny myself pleasure.

That said, if it's someone I know a good while and have been good friends with or whatever, I'd probably put more effort in.

My most meaningful relationship was with a girl who I had sex with on our second meeting (first meeting I don't even remember, I was drunk and somehow got her number). Went on one date, then back to hers. We had very similar sexual appetites and views on sex, which is a huge part of an adult relationship for me, in fact, one of the key parts, if two people don't share the same views on sex but get along in every other way...why don't they just be friends and find someone you can have that in common with?

steve9859 wrote: »
    I would have far more confidence in a relationship, and it would mean more to me, if I had to work a bit at it, instead of the lass being ready for jumping into bed after 1 dinner and a couple of drinks. Personally I don't see how that is much different to just a one night stand after some boozy night out - and I would like the start of a long term thing to be different to that (but maybe I am just an old fashioned romantic)

If I want it to be a long term thing, I'd wait - I waited 2 months at the start of my current relationship. If a guy can't hold out that long, he is weak!

The difference being a one night stand is usually after a few drinks and very little in the way of conversation (assuming it's a pub you found the person), but if you take a girl for dinner and drinks she knows if she likes you after talking to you, very much not like a one night stand. I know it's a matter of opinion, but working for the sake of working does not necessarily make it a strong relationship. I feel most things should be quite simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Chriscork12

steve9859 wrote: »

Do u mean that u would not want a relationship with a woman if she slept with u after one date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

if im buying you chips i better get the ride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Chriscork12

I took the question to mean someone you don't know well, as in a first date where you've only met them a couple of times. I would generally get a good feel for their personality after the first 2 dates, and would be able to guess when sex might be on the cards, if it's a long wait, I'll simply be friends with them, I'm not one who likes to deny myself pleasure.

That said, if it's someone I know a good while and have been good friends with or whatever, I'd probably put more effort in.

My most meaningful relationship was with a girl who I had sex with on our second meeting (first meeting I don't even remember, I was drunk and somehow got her number). Went on one date, then back to hers. We had very similar sexual appetites and views on sex, which is a huge part of an adult relationship for me, in fact, one of the key parts, if two people don't share the same views on sex but get along in every other way...why don't they just be friends and find someone you can have that in common with?

The difference being a one night stand is usually after a few drinks and very little in the way of conversation (assuming it's a pub you found the person), but if you take a girl for dinner and drinks she knows if she likes you after talking to you, very much not like a one night stand. I know it's a matter of opinion, but working for the sake of working does not necessarily make it a strong relationship. I feel most things should be quite simple.
    I agree with that. It you are on a date and there is chemistry from both people why prolong sex for fear that the other person wont respect u. For me its a lucky escape if a guy didnt respect me afterwards

Advertisement