Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Park

Options
  • 18-11-2011 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭

This game looks awful, delayed for god knows how long, the extra time didn't do it any good. From a company with the track record of TellTale you'd expect a lot better. Suspiciously, the game got 4 10/10 user reviews on Metacritic on the day of release :pac:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/jurassic-park-the-game/user-reviews

So desperate that they had to stoop to that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Here's some gameplay footage. Surprised Telltale did a bad job; but I guess it is a shameless movie-game ti....wait, where's Jurassic Park 4?! :mad:

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Review tomorrow, it's actually decent enough

Just checked there, IGN's review is up.

Score :
    5.5/10

yeah thats about right

not a mess by any chance, and fans of the series will get something out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Seems like some TellTale employees were caught red handed posting positive reviews of their own game ... (iOS version) ... Shame.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Telltale's schtick is getting a little old at this point. Sure, it's nice they can rush these games out efficiently with recycled assets and all, but it works for some games much, much better than others.

Jurassic Park could make an amazing big budget adventure game. A point-and-click adventure doesn't doesn't have the same appeal. Alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,333 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Making your own fake reviews is worse than shilling on these here boards.

It should be illegal for someone who worked on the game to write a review for it before release. I'd even extend that to first degree relatives. Otherwise it's basically an advertisement, conning the reader into thinking it's a legitimate, considered appraisal.

At bare minimum, there should be a disclaimer before the review that fully discloses the vested interest the writer has in the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I've seen the same thing been done with movies, chancers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I mentioned the fake reviews in the first post, did no-one read it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I love the last line...

Our proposed solution? Turn to the pros. All professional game review websites worth their salt actively try to maintain a critical distance from the games they review.

I also love how this story has come from Gamespot. Facepalm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

jaykhunter wrote: »
    It should be illegal for someone who worked on the game to write a review for it before release. I'd even extend that to first degree relatives. Otherwise it's basically an advertisement, conning the reader into thinking it's a legitimate, considered appraisal.

At bare minimum, there should be a disclaimer before the review that fully discloses the vested interest the writer has in the product.

Should it be illegal for then for someone to write a review for a game they never played then too :rolleyes:

Stev_o wrote: »
    Should it be illegal for then for someone to write a review for a game they never played then too :rolleyes:

Anything to declare, Stev_o? :p What kind of idiot reviews a game without playing it? Or are you confusing 'review' with 'dismissal'? :confused:

What kind of idiot reviews a game without playing it?

youd be very, very surprised

finally got around to finishing this and getting my review up today

http://clickonline.com/games/jurassic-park-the-game/4424/

disappointed, but fans will get something out of it if they wait til it drops under a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Anything to declare, Stev_o? :p What kind of idiot reviews a game without playing it? Or are you confusing 'review' with 'dismissal'? :confused:

This is the internet! The breeding ground of idiots. Hell half the reviews on MC are done by people who don't play the games on stupid principles but deem that they have enough experience to write a 0 review up.

surely this talk of idiots blindly reviewing games doesn't apply to boards.ie.......very happy with this part of the woods! never mind the rest of the youtube-commenting world! we're irish, not american teens over xbox live!

Advertisement