Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you deal with the unexpected?

• 18-11-2011 5:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

I was at a bus stop in college yesterday. It was raining, so everyone was huddled under the shelter. There was a young man, opposite me, and he was leaning against the poster on the inside of the shelter.

Then when all was quiet, he could be heard emitting a rather loud (well, ridiculously and unavoidably noticeable) bout of flatulence.

The young lad, then, I presume out of shock, legged it from the bus stop, while everyone looked after him.

My hypothesis is, that he was attempting to be sneaky and be quiet about his fart, and underestimated its velocity and magnitude. Obviously, at the time, he felt running away, and drawing more attention to himself was the best option. Plus he only missed the bus by about 30 seconds, which really was a pity as it was pelting down, and he was still running away from the stop in shame.

I have been overtaken with fits of giggles thinking about it during the day. Not so much the situation, but what must have been going through his mind!

So my question is, have you had to deal with an unexpected fart, and if so, did you go about it in the same way as this poor chap did?
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Miss Olenska

Walking away seems to be the standard response to embarrassment, whatever the situation:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Musefan wrote: »
    I was at a bus stop in college yesterday. It was raining, so everyone was huddled under the shelter. There was a young man, opposite me, and he was leaning against the poster on the inside of the shelter.

Then when all was quiet, he could be heard emitting a rather loud (well, ridiculously and unavoidably noticeable) bout of flatulence.

The young lad, then, I presume out of shock, legged it from the bus stop, while everyone looked after him.

My hypothesis is, that he was attempting to be sneaky and be quiet about his fart, and underestimated its velocity and magnitude. Obviously, at the time, he felt running away, and drawing more attention to himself was the best option. Plus he only missed the bus by about 30 seconds, which really was a pity as it was pelting down, and he was still running away from the stop in shame.

I have been overtaken with fits of giggles thinking about it during the day. Not so much the situation, but what must have been going through his mind!

So my question is, have you had to deal with an unexpected fart, and if so, did you go about it in the same way as this poor chap did?
    :rolleyes:

No I smiled, politely nodded and then pressed the button to get off the lift ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Follow through like a boss

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

what a weird thread, op, that little boy needs to grow, farting at a bus stop, big ****ing deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Probably shat himself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

at least it wasn't the Spanish Inquisition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

He should have brought an umbrella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I generally dance naked in flames in front of a slowly rotating revolver and a roulette wheel.

Advertisement