Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you ever consider selling sex to a stranger?

• 18-11-2011 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Downlinz

I've often heard about prostitution and the horrible situation people are forced into, yet I can't think of any single male who if offered a decent sum (or offered nothing at all) wouldn't at least consider the prospect.

So the question is simple, if you were offered 300 euro for a quick, clean night with a person of the desired sex of average looks and of an appropriate age. Would you be tempted?

Would you sell sex for 300 euro? 289 votes

I'm male and would.
    0% 0 votes
    I'm male and wouldn't.
    61% 178 votes
    I'm female and would.
    26% 78 votes
    I'm female and wouldn't.
    11% 33 votes

Comments

No, I wouldn't

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I've done worse for less.
    Tempted ? I'd bite yer hand off.
    Bit like homer wiring for duff breweries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Its how I make a living. The joys of being a pimp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Depends.

Not for 300 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

If they were average looking, in their twenties, STD free and not into weird **** like getting pregnant then I suppose I'd be tempted. Of course that kind of client does not exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

The going rate at the moment is €200/hour. If I could get that for sleeping with the opposite sex, I wouldn't even take a lunch break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I would, but I'm way out of everyone's league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

For the blokes who say yes, the question is would you let your wife/partner do it for the same amount or at all?

Or does the price just go up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

2 stroke wrote: »
    The going rate at the moment is €200/hour. If I could get that for sleeping with the opposite sex, I wouldn't even take a lunch break.

:cool:

You'd sleep?

Money for sex, and yore talking about sleeping.......

No wonder the countries banjaxed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

stovelid wrote: »
    Depends.

Not for 300 though.

Not that weve established you would the rest is only Bartering

I'll give ya 250

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Downlinz wrote: »
    I've often heard about prostitution and the horrible situation people are forced into, yet I can't think of any single male who if offered a decent sum (or offered nothing at all) wouldn't at least consider the prospect.

So the question is simple, if you were offered 300 euro for a quick, clean night with a person of the desired sex of average looks and of an appropriate age. Would you be tempted?
    No, I wouldn't. I've more respect for my body than to sell it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Explain...........

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I said I wouldn't. But saying that, if the woman you described of average looks and appropriate age just said "how about it?" They probably have a decent shot, if there's nothing decent on TV anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Abi wrote: »

You wouldn't be selling your body, you would be providing a service in return for a fee. Your body is still yours after the transaction just like a waitress' body is still hers after her shift is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

You wouldn't be selling your body, you would be providing a service in return for a fee. Your body is still yours after the transaction just like a waitress' body is still hers after her shift is over.

As the lepar said to the hooker. Keep the tip! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Yeah, id do it no bother for 300 , even if she was a fat munter id still do it for 300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I voted 'Yes', but I didn't read the poll properly - for 300 euro that would be a 'No'.

I'd have straight sex for a million euro with someone I'd never have to see again tho :)

I voted 'Yes', but I didn't read the poll properly - for 300 euro that would be a 'No'.

I'd have straight sex for a million euro with someone I'd never have to see again tho :)

For a million I would have sex with the lot of ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I have. Not to go into too much detail, all I will tell anyone, male or female, don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Need another thread entitled "Men would you ever consider having sex with a stranger?"

....after a few pints.

For a million I would have sex with the lot of ya

For a million I fukc all mammals except an elephand, hippo and rhino and would consider several reptiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

fungun wrote: »
    For the blokes who say yes, the question is would you let your wife/partner do it for the same amount or at all?

Or does the price just go up :pac:

She's the one I'm selling it to :pac:

To answer your question OP, na I wouldn't and anyway no fooker would be stupid enough to pay me for it anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

f'uckin A i would. average bird, no STD's, 300 snoteroos. imo, any hetero bloke would. women look at these things differently - cos women are stoopid and dont know the value of money :p

joke - it's cos of evolution really...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Is it ironic that there is a google ad for a PS3 on this page for me worth 249.99?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

For €200 an hour, i'd be a workaholic. Sundays, bank holidays, christmas, they're all available!

And besides for most normal single blokes, average looks and appropriate age is hitting the fúcking jackpot, in fact anything above dirty old tramp is acceptable (below that is acceptable in special circumstances, like weekends and so on).
    Throw in a €300 sweetener and you can dig up Amy Winehouse and i'll show her a good time!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

For a million I fukc all mammals except an elephand, hippo and rhino and would consider several reptiles.

I can see your point with the rhino, but the hippos and the elephants, they're cute as fúck!;) They're getting it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not that weve established you would the rest is only Bartering

I'll give ya 250

Women only.

/Unless you add a zero on the end of that sum

Obviously it's hypothetical and relying on me being single.

I can see your point with the rhino, but the hippos and the elephants, they're cute as fúck!;) They're getting it!

I'd feel inadequate. I just know they'd be thinking "is it in yet?".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Only women.

licky licky $10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

I'd love to hear that on the radio on one of those "Erm for a couple of million I'd...." ads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I cant see any woman that i'd consider having sex with needing to pay for it, and my standards arnt any way high at all... and any woman that would actually want to pay me for it, there'd have to be something wrong with her...

tl;dr. yeah, i would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Is it not a legitimate point of view to consider giving sex to someone as not exploiting yourself?

I mean I can understand your point of view, but I think it's an individual thing in how they see sex. As was said its a service and we all make our living putting a price on the things we offer in some form or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

I cant give it away for free, let alone charge for it !

Im off to Coppers ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Been there, done that. God I hated being 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

for all the lads that said they would.... if it was less, would you still? like for €50? i'm guessing most would.

but... if you had to do anything your partner wanted, would you still?

Well, in which case we're not talking about 'selling' our bodies as indicated in the OP, we'd be 'renting' them out.

The fact remains, I still wouldn't do it. It might sit better with people who are okay with casual sex, which I'm clearly not.
    Downlinz wrote: »
    Is it not a legitimate point of view to consider giving sex to someone as not exploiting yourself?
    It is a view, but it's not mine though.
    I mean I can understand your point of view, but I think it's an individual thing in how they see sex. As was said its a service and we all make our living putting a price on the things we offer in some form or another.

Well this is where I'd part ways with someone who says it's a service, and it's okay. My body is something I keep for a person I'm in a relationship with. I won't lie and say I wouldn't judge others for doing it either.

My opinion may or may not be a popular one, but it's mine.

for all the lads that said they would.... if it was less, would you still? like for €50? i'm guessing most would.

but... if you had to do anything your partner wanted, would you still?

Well it would be on a scale

For free = Sexy girls (anything she can think of)

For 50 = Slim but ugly (stick to the basics)

For 300 = Fat and ugly or old (no kissing on the mouth)

For 1m = Gender, age or looks not important (Giddy up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

You're not selling it. Merely renting the use of it for a short time.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭binxeo

NO, never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Considering the amount of spent on dinners,present and all that ****e down the years to build up to a dissapointing climax...

Yeah,, I'd recoup some of my losses for a quickie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Assuming I was going to have sex with a strange woman ( it's not going to happen ) ....is on thing but I wouldn't expect her to pay me for it afterwards. The pleasure is in the giving .

You're not selling it. Merely renting the use of it for a short time.

:D

It's the term the OP used. I've posted again since correcting it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

It's the term the OP used. I've posted again since correcting it ;)

Oops, missed that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Only if I was really desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Jerri Jordan

if the man was a stunner , like josh brolin in no country for old men and in that cowboy shirt then yes i would. but i wouldnt want the money!

Dudess wrote: »
    Only if I was really desperate.
    I dunno. I couldn't think of a situation that would be so bad that you'd have to rent your body to someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

if the man was a stunner , like josh brolin in no country for old men and in that cowboy shirt then yes i would. but i wouldnt want the money!

Well then that's an entirely different situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I reckon doing the bold thing costs me around 25 grand a year, which as I have been married for ten years works out about a grand a shag.

€300 sounds very cheap to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement