Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you ever consider selling sex to a stranger?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

OK you are still having difficulty reading. Do you see where I said

In other words I am exaggerating. I am not actually "assuming" that you think girls exist only to have drinks. I was using such an exaggerated, ridiculous example to highlight the obvious flaws in this statement:

Because you know...most women don't swap sex for dates and having lads buy them drinks.

speak sense ffs

im having no difficulty reading, youre just either talking complete nonsense, or you're dreadful at trying to communicate a point

women who accept drinks from men, or let them pay for meals while on dates, are doing so on the basis that they MIGHT give up sex to the guy. let's be honest here, in the majority of cases that's why the guy is buying them. her accepting them, even if she has no intention of having sex with him, is giving the glimmer of hope that she MIGHT

at least prostitutes are honest about your chances :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Helix wrote: »
    speak sense ffs

im having no difficulty reading, youre just either talking complete nonsense, or you're dreadful at trying to communicate a point

women who accept drinks from men, or let them pay for meals while on dates, are doing so on the basis that they MIGHT give up sex to the guy. let's be honest here, in the majority of cases that's why the guy is buying them. her accepting them, even if she has no intention of having sex with him, is giving the glimmer of hope that she MIGHT

So you're saying men only buy things for / spend money on women so they'll get sex in return?

And women will accept these things with the understanding that they'll have to have sex with the man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Sell it? I can't give it away never mind sell it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Helix wrote: »
    speak sense ffs

It is hardly my fault that you can't understand basic, obvious points. I'm fairly confident in my ability to communicate.

You still have not really moved your argument any further. Why exactly do you think women prize these "free" drinks so much? They obviously don't need men to buy these things for them as most women these days can freely buy drinks and meals to their hearts content. Drinks and meals are hardly as difficult to obtain as sex can be for some men (since we are comparing a woman getting drinks/meals to women getting money for sex).

What they actually desire is good company along with physical and emotional attraction. Both people are attempting to engage in mutually pleasing interactions (make each other laugh, entertained, aroused etc). A natural by product of this is 2 people having sex. If one or the other does not feel it has gone well, there is a decreasing chance of sex. There are very few people out there acting as your posts imply.

There are very few women (or men) consciously swapping a meal and a few drinks for sex. That is the point I was making. You don't seem able to connect those dots, so unfortunately I had to be more explicit. The reality is that they are out on dates and the entire evening is viewed as something enjoyable. It is not some childish game or some form of barter where sex is traded for precious drinks or meals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

2 stroke wrote: »
    40% of females say yes. Whens the next boards booze up?

never mind that, could he just not have made it a public poll :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So men soending hundreds to impress woman so they can get a gigidi. Flowers restaurants etc...

... But you offered 300 quid for having sex with same woman and you go all honest joe on her...

Feck that... I would do it for less and even make some special: buy 1 hour - get 1 free! Collect 10 stickers get anal for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I would do it in a shot , well maybe two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Downlinz wrote: »
    So the question is simple, if you were offered 300 euro for a quick, clean night with a person of the desired sex of average looks and of an appropriate age. Would you be tempted?

Surely it would depend on how desperate ones personal financial situation happened to be at the time.

Are those who claiming they never would really prepared to starve first ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Not about respecting your body to me, there isn't much of a difference in having a one night stand and selling sex except for your state of mind (if it was legal and "safe") a lot of people are saying if they were the right age and good looking enough then fine but most of the time they wouldn't be so therefore you'd be mostly having sex you don't want to have which is difficult and damaging over time to a lot of people.

It wouldn't be worth doing it once off in case it did affect you, I think its not fair to say well I like sex so if they like sex they must love their job, easier money. Any job which is illegal, draining on your wellbeing and where you may be at risk of being attacked isn't really easy money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

To Boards Admin:
    How do I get the IP's of the wimminz that voted yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DeBrugha

The thing is if a woman sells sex she would be throned upon, but if a man did people wouldn't think much.

Same thing if a woman has had sex with loads of blokes she is a slag, but if a bloke has many women on his list hes a top man.

Just the way things are, women lose their pride more when it comes to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

DeBrugha wrote: »
    The thing is if a woman sells sex she would be throned upon, but if a man did people wouldn't think much.

Same thing if a woman has had sex with loads of blokes she is a slag, but if a bloke has many women on his list hes a top man.

we perfer the term "STUD" :D:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Downlinz wrote: »
    I've often heard about prostitution and the horrible situation people are forced into, yet I can't think of any single male who if offered a decent sum (or offered nothing at all) wouldn't at least consider the prospect.

So the question is simple, if you were offered 300 euro for a quick, clean night with a person of the desired sex of average looks and of an appropriate age. Would you be tempted?

Not really... but that's mostly because €300 isn't all that much money... it's a nice sum all right, but not enough to make me consider shagging someone for it.

If you had asked me during my student days, the answer would have been different ;)

DeBrugha wrote: »

*lol
    Hand me that throne!
    While I wouldn't consider €300 and a stranger, I've enjoyed a good few "stud" in my time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

I was actually propositioned with a friend when I was 16, when having a wee down a lane after being on the beer (yeah, yeah, classy I know!)

Some guy comes around the corner--I shit you not--balding, thick glasses and his Star Trek tee-shirt tucked into his jeans. He lumbers over to us, heavy breathing, and says, "I pay well if you're interested."

Dunno how much we might have got because we pissed ourselves laughing all the way home, shouting "I pay well if you're interested" at people on the way.

So in reply to the OP, I still don't know if I ever would consider it without losing my shit at the offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Why exactly do you think women prize these "free" drinks so much?

where did i say they prized them "so much"?
    They obviously don't need men to buy these things for them as most women these days can freely buy drinks and meals to their hearts content.

they can, but why spend your own money when someone else will spend it on you?
    Drinks and meals are hardly as difficult to obtain as sex can be for some men (since we are comparing a woman getting drinks/meals to women getting money for sex).

we're comparing a woman selling sex to a woman selling the potential for sex. one is prostitution, the other is a weekend
    What they actually desire is good company along with physical and emotional attraction. Both people are attempting to engage in mutually pleasing interactions (make each other laugh, entertained, aroused etc).

have you been to a bar or nightclub lately? i assure you, good company isnt what's on most guys' minds

A natural by product of this is 2 people having sex. If one or the other does not feel it has gone well, there is a decreasing chance of sex. There are very few people out there acting as your posts imply.
    There are very few women (or men) consciously swapping a meal and a few drinks for sex.

the man is buying because he thinks there's potential there for a ride, the woman is accepting because, why not.
    You don't seem able to connect those dots

i connected the dots just fine. it's the nonsense you added in that made it completely rubbish. saying that women only existed for free drinks. what did that even mean? that's still so far beyond logic that it baffles me. why the jump that women prize this stuff "so much"? where did i say either of those things?
    It is not some childish game or some form of barter where sex is traded for precious drinks or meals.

again, men are buying girls in bars drinks because they want in their knickers. women are accepting them, whether they have any intention of letting the guys into their pants or not, because why wouldnt they.

on dates, early dates here, not the ones in established relationships, are, for the most part, the guy trying to get laid. or get into a regular relationship to get laid more. the women are accepting the money being spent on them, why wouldnt they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Helix, do you think that all men ever want is sex? that is their only motivation for interacting with a woman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Helix, do you think that all men ever want is sex? that is their only motivation for interacting with a woman?

'cos you've hit the nail on the head if you do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

No I wouldn't, why would I want to turn myself into a piece of meat?

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I couldn't be with some-one who regarded me as nothing more than an instrument of pleasure worth no more than he had in his wallet at the time.

If you need money get a proper job.

No I wouldn't, why would I want to turn myself into a piece of meat?

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I couldn't be with some-one who regarded me as nothing more than an instrument of pleasure worth no more than he had in his wallet at the time.

If you need money get a proper job.

Exactly. A job is only proper when you sell your brain as well as your body, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Shenshen wrote: »
    Exactly. A job is only proper when you sell your brain as well as your body, after all.

:rolleyes:

I just meant do something that is more fullfilling and doesn't involve you degrading yourself.

I just meant do something that is more fullfilling and doesn't involve you degrading yourself.

I think I've said it before, but the most degrading job I ever had was being a cleaning woman in a hospital. The way you get treated in that industry is just beyond words.
    And then I certainly didn't make €300 a night, believe me.

If I have to sell myself to make a living, selling sex isn't last on my list.
    As I said, my current job makes more money for less effort, but if push comes to shove (yes, I know :P) I'd certainly consider shagging before cleaning other people's **** and being treated even worse than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Some people like being sexually degraded, I guess its a kinky turn on to some.
    Different strokes for different folks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Sure that's all we ever do. 24/7 trying to get into some girls knickers and her cruely toying with us to get a few more G&Ts and a cheesecake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

why else would we talk to ye harpies?*

*may not be serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

so we've established boards is full of whores. The only thing left to discuss is the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

I genuinly thought about this, i thought about the money then i thought about some creeps dick in my arse

10 grand or feck off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

psychward wrote: »
    so we've established boards is full of whores. The only thing left to discuss is the price

From my understanding of the marketplace 300 actually sounds like a pretty favorable price to the seller ?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Yeah Buddy

I'll take what I can get and sure if she slips in a ten pound note or something isn't it all the better :pac:

• Advertisement

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    From my understanding of the marketplace 300 actually sounds like a pretty favorable price to the seller ?

These whores need to get real. You can rent a high class model pussy for 300 . They need a slap of the back of my pimp hand. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

You know what, if I was desperate enough for the cash, and the price was high enough, I can't say I wouldn't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I was thinking about this the other day. This year Santa has to be cut so close to the bone that I'm beginning to consider prostitution. I could handle a random boner for €300. Not for the whole night though - that would be asking a bit much. :eek: :D

The only problem is those damn Eastern Europeans tuk our johns. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

psychward wrote: »
    These whores need to get real. You can rent a high class model pussy for 300 .

Who wants a model? I'd rather the real thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

If you had to feed your kid and pay rent but had no money, job and friends and family to ask for money.

I've been in this situation, and I can say that prostitution never even crossed my mind.

I mean, if we were living in some other country, and literally had no money at all, and absolutely no way in hell of being able to get money in the near future - well I'd probably do just about anything to keep my kids alive, be it prostitution, murder, whatever.

Basically to me, prostitution would be one tiny step down from murder in my desperation scale - as in what I'd do out of desperation.
    I'd try and steal first, maybe drugs next.
    Then prostitution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Millicent wrote: »
    I was actually propositioned with a friend when I was 16, when having a wee down a lane after being on the beer (yeah, yeah, classy I know!)

Some guy comes around the corner--I shit you not--balding, thick glasses and his Star Trek tee-shirt tucked into his jeans. He lumbers over to us, heavy breathing, and says, "I pay well if you're interested."

Dunno how much we might have got because we pissed ourselves laughing all the way home, shouting "I pay well if you're interested" at people on the way.

So in reply to the OP, I still don't know if I ever would consider it without losing my shit at the offer.

I used to work near enough to Leesons Street.
    I was 19/20 at the time.
    On my way to the bus stop in the evenings, I was stopped heaps of times by guys asking if I was 'working' or 'on the job' etc...
    I was so offended!
    I don't look like a hooker!!!
    But there again, I don't think I've ever seen a hooker before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

yeah picking up plates of dirty food infront of everyone and being shouted at by abusive customers for 8 euro an hour is far far better than letting some lad who wont tell anyone ride ye for 30 minutes then f*ck off in exchange for 300 euro
    so you'd prefer to let some dude poke you through the back door for 30 mins, rather than wait on tables?
    Most women do this fairly regularly. Except in a roundabout way called dating and having lads buy them drinks. The major difference is that they trade off the possibility rather than certainty if the act
    If you're not experiencing much success when on the pull, your POV^ might be the reason. Dating isn't bartering for sex, it's getting to know each other - but I suspect you already know this and just want to vent your frustration. Carry on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

anyone else have the rating system for chicks in school that was all dependent on how much you'd pay versus how much you'd have to be paid?

Basically, the total ride was 'yeah, i'd hand over a grand to knob that one'
    Some birds were sort of give or take 'nah, we'd be talking even money on that one'. the fat ugly spotty smelly bird would be like' nah man, you'd need to throw me 5k's to bone that one'. the interesting ones though were borderline ones. 'yeah i'd let her jump me for a pack of fags and a 6 pack' or 'i'd throw her €20 for the BJ, she's not too bad'.

anyway, brought me back...prostitutional (word?) economics.

stimpson wrote: »
    Who wants a model? I'd rather the real thing.

eh ? I meant a woman who looks like a model. Not a model (made of lego?:pac:) which looks like a woman ... lol

And not a hand model either lol

Advertisement