Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S powers off when making/receiving calls

Options
  • 18-11-2011 10:29am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35

Hi

I just got my phone back from fonemenders.ie after 3 weeks.
    They sent it back to the manufactures to repair (replaced the logic board due to it been completely bricked when upgrading the firmware via Kies).
    They returned it to me with everything removed but with the latest android OS gingerbread.
    I've installed very few apps (Nothing I didn't have before it broke in the first place).

I'm now having issues with the phone completely powering off when I attempt to make or receive calls.
    I have to remove the battery and put it back in just to power it back on.

Has anyone had similar issues with phone powering off making/receiving calls?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭G1032

Sounds like the BSOD. Black Screen of Death. Seems to be an issue with the Galaxy S.
    I used to get a few of them but don't get them since I upgraded to 2.3.5 with a custom kernel (Semaphore kernel)
    Flashing a custom ROM will probably help, though it's not guaranteed.
    Plenty of info here and on XDA forum about flashing these ROMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

langer123 wrote: »
    Hi

I just got my phone back from fonemenders.ie after 3 weeks.
    They sent it back to the manufactures to repair (replaced the logic board due to it been completely bricked when upgrading the firmware via Kies).
    They returned it to me with everything removed but with the latest android OS gingerbread.
    I've installed very few apps (Nothing I didn't have before it broke in the first place).

I'm now having issues with the phone completely powering off when I attempt to make or receive calls.
    I have to remove the battery and put it back in just to power it back on.

Has anyone had similar issues with phone powering off making/receiving calls?

Thanks

if you are unsure how to flash the ROM or how to start let me know and i can show it to you! or even do it for you - you can see the whole procedure.

i bet it will be problem with your OS(ROM or kernel). and many people were having the same issue. it can be kernel as the mate stated before.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35 langer123

Thanks guys, i'll try flashing it and see if that helps (Shouldn't be too much hassle as I'm a developer anyway :) )

Advertisement