Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All day parking?

Options
  • 18-11-2011 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

I'm after getting some temp work in galway and I'm looking for somewhere that I can park the car for the day as it wouldn't be feasible for me to be going out putting a new ticket on the car every few hours! Anyone recommend any places to park?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Dyke Road car park and Cathedral car park (outside, not inside the walls) have daily rates, not sure but think its about €5

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mind, both can get full quickly as many commuters use them.
    Best be early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Hmm well I'm not on til 11 tomorrow but I'll see if I can get up there a bit earlier and check em out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

The multistorey car park in Merchants Road has a daily rate of €9.- (€6.-) Its dearer but there should be no problem with availability if you start later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Where are you working? City centre is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Where are you working? City centre is it?

Yep. Got a temporary Christmas staff job in 3 on Shop Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭nerophis

The car park on dyke road (it is five euro) is usually a good first try. You should have a look around for free parking though five or nine euro a day adds up. Someone might PM you

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Yes the cathedral and the dyke are both 5 euro. i park in cathedral myself i get there around half 9 and there's still spaces. the dyke always has lots of spaces that time of the morning too.

Advertisement