Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martingale

Options
  • 18-11-2011 12:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39

Hi everyone! I ve got my horse but on the pic he has martingale and the part that is on his neck is attached to a saddle with 2 thingiys so the neck part won't slide forward . Any info on those plz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sipstrassi

Think you mean a martingale with breastplate. I got one in Equipet last week. About €45. I needed it in a hurry so didn't have time to shop around or buy online so you may be able to get cheaper than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Hi everyone! I ve got my horse but on the pic he has martingale and the part that is on his neck is attached to a saddle with 2 thingiys so the neck part won't slide forward . Any info on those plz?

Sounds like a hunting martingale to me...... It keeps the "neck part" close to the saddle so that it's there if you need to grab it!!!

Why don't you post a pic of the martingale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 horsey guy

Its usualy called a hunting martingale avaliable in any decent tack shop , its used to keep the saddle in position though rather than something to hang on to

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I can't see that pic because it's on Facebook, but I'd say you don't need it if the horse has a bit of a mane to grab.
    The saddle won't leave his back if your girth is correctly tightened.
    Basically no need I would think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement