Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Christmas/Roads with snow thread 2011

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

Drumkeen was a disaster this morning with the way people were driving going through it. You'd sweat this was the first time we'd seen snow!

people driving silly slow or way too fast ? probably way too slow i would think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Drumkeen was a disaster this morning with the way people were driving going through it. You'd sweat this was the first time we'd seen snow!

people driving silly slow or way too fast ? probably way too slow i would think ?

Yeah silly slow. Took me almost 45 mins to go from lk to ballybofey and this is when the snow isn't bad yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Meenaroy isn't too bad, heard a lorry got stuck this morning but clear again now. Some slushy snow on the road but easily passable anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Folks it's possible we are in for a biggie tomorrow Thursday. Could be a mega wind storm. Keep a eye on the below thread for updates. This could be a very dangerous one as it is due to peak around 3pm.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056474874

its also going to get cold too , i was watching the birds yesterday feeding crazily at stuff i left out for them normally when you see them acting like that you know theres some serious **** going down in the next few days lol

• Advertisement

(refrains from making any postman jokes)

Yep there's also a good chance of heavy snow Thursday evening into Friday, blizzard conditions on high ground but probably not too bad lower down

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Always love the 'snow on higher ground' line.

How many people actually live on 'higher ground'? If there's snow on the hill's I don't care.

Harps I assume you saw the latest charts with the wind literally off the scale. Batten down the hatches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

LMdLI.jpg
    Thank Cod I don't have to walk from work anymore!

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Always love the 'snow on higher ground' line.

How many people actually live on 'higher ground'? If there's snow on the hill's I don't care.

Blizzards on higher ground but there's a chance of snow pretty much everywhere away from the coast tomorrow evening onwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

roads in Finn Valley starting to get pretty slippery this evening, some secondary roads have black ice as I just discovered 10 minutes ago, so take it handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Roads were a disaster last night! Cars slipping everywhere, several off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Dusting of snow going through Drumkeen yesterday.

carefull on the roads tonight its getting cold and theres heavy hail showers about and its laying in places

Letterkenny to Finner road bad with black ice. Gap very slippy in places. Raining here in donegal town on top of last nights snow. Roads and footpaths slippy in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

irish1967 wrote: »
    Letterkenny to Finner road bad with black ice. Gap very slippy in places. Raining here in donegal town on top of last nights snow. Roads and footpaths slippy in places.
    You had snow?

Yeah. Big shower at midnight last night. Didn't it snow there too ????

We had a bit of sleet/hail after 10 last night but that was all....well apart from the black ice.

I can see snow up on the hills though and a couple of those hills aren't really very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

;)

Sounds like old times indeed!

After 22nd it can do what it likes as I am off the markets then for a while... But would like to be able to get out until Christmas.

Stay safe and warm up there

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »
    ;)

Sounds like old times indeed!

After 22nd it can do what it likes as I am off the markets then for a while... But would like to be able to get out until Christmas.

Stay safe and warm up there
    Long time no hear as they say. Hope you're keeping well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mola1

Does anyone know what barnesmore road and through to donegal town is like,supposed to be driving that way tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Last hour has seen some serious hail showers in Inishowen.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well, where I live out Ardeskin, the street is like a bottle. It rained a bit, then started freezing, then more rain!

I suspect it should thaw in the morning, but take care, being wary of black ice. The Gap area has its own climate!

Above posts by Mola1 and byte moved from the Barnesmore Gap roadworks thread to here.

not looking good for the white Christmas i am afraid :(:(

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

WooHoo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

2 snow tyres with wheels for sale .(
    :rolleyes:;)
    had to laugh

• Advertisement