Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would pizza places drop you home if you order delivery?

• 18-11-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Just thinking a lot of pizza delivery places have stuff that can be ordered and delivered for 10 euro. If I popped into one of those places in a town/city say and asked for the 10 euro deal to such and such place, would they let me ride with them on their delivery?

Be a handy deal, cheaper than a taxi and a pizza to boot.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

No.

A mate of mine used to ask them to go into the shop and grab a few bars on the way though and he'd give a generous tip. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Probably not due to insurance or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

I think there's laws about the number of vegetables you can take in your car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

El Weirdo wrote: »

I think it also contravenes the non-gullible cunt clause in their contracts too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

you do realise that the pizza delivery guy may not take the direct route to your place .... he might have several other places to goto before yours...which is why you sometimes get soggy warm pizza instead of hot pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I understand that sitting on a pushbike bell can be quite painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

PCPhoto wrote: »
    you do realise that the pizza delivery guy may not take the direct route to your place .... he might have several other places to goto before yours...which is why you sometimes get soggy warm pizza instead of hot pizza.

That's a relief, was always suspicious when eating soggy pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

PCPhoto wrote: »
    ...which is why you sometimes get soggy warm pizza instead of hot pizza.

I always thought that was because Pizza mann had fapped all over it, I'm disappointed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

ejmaztec wrote: »

Not as bad as having the saddle removed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

i knew a guy who stayed in the pub all day and then ordered a chinese to the pub stating he would need a lift home too. when the delivery driver finished his other deliveries he'd pick this guy up and drop him home. €20 for the chinese and €20 tip for the driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

ejmaztec wrote: »

It's worth it when the rider rings it though :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

El Weirdo wrote: »

Yep, that and if they were stopped and found not having the right insurance, they could be charged for acting illegally as a Hackney/taxi service.

Loss of licence -> loss of job -> Loss of further money -> possibly loss of home/flat/etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

myself and a friend flagged down what we thought was a cab at DCU one night, it was a dominos driver on his way home from work, he dropped us to coppers for a tenner :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

There's also the issue that a pizza delivered costs more than one you pick up.

Domino's are absolute trolls in this regard. They claim to have free delivery on their 22euro pizza. But actually go to the shop and you pay 16euro for their "collection special" deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

I tried it before. Didn't work. The driver was all for it. The manager gave out to me though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Someone did it from my house before. Got Dominoes delivered to my house, got into the car with the driver and had him bring them and the pizza to a different house.

Advertisement