Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI Connection for iPad

• 18-11-2011 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Apologies if this has been asked (and answered) before, did a quick search but couldn't find anything.

Has anyone come accross a HDMI adaptor for connecting your iPad to your TV that's cheaper than the Apple official version?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 vodkatime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Looks interesting especially with the additional USB port for keyboard and camera etc. The one thing which it is missing and the official one provides is that you cannot charge it while using the HDMI adaptor.

I think it uses a bit of power to play over HDMI and will drain the battery reasonably quickly. The official HDMI adapter allows the iPad cable to be connected for charging while playing a movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

have one of these but have never taken it out of the packet! for an extra few quid you can get an apple tv and get the benefit of mirroring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

have one of these but have never taken it out of the packet! for an extra few quid you can get an apple tv and get the benefit of mirroring.

Is this the case?

I asked in pc world and they said that apple tv would only play video and music files?

TBH I'm confused at this stage - ideally I want something that will mirror the ipad2 screen on the tv.

Ios5 mirrors all output from iPhone and iPad except apps like sky go which a re blocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 macbook.dan

Is this the case?

I asked in pc world and they said that apple tv would only play video and music files?

TBH I'm confused at this stage - ideally I want something that will mirror the ipad2 screen on the tv.

No this is incorrect, the Apple TV will AirPlay mirror the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4s provided all device are on the same wifi network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

No this is incorrect, the Apple TV will AirPlay mirror the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4s provided all device are on the same wifi network.

That's what I'm looking for all right.

Sorry to labour the point, but does an app specifically have to support this mirroring, or are some of them just blocked from doing so - as The Big Gig mentions.

I've some children's apps that my kids would like to see on the big screen.
    I also use the Live Online Footy app for watching football.

That's what I'm looking for all right.

Sorry to labour the point, but does an app specifically have to support this mirroring, or are some of them just blocked from doing so - as The Big Gig mentions.

I've some children's apps that my kids would like to see on the big screen.
    I also use the Live Online Footy app for watching football.

No it's just the apps that have a lot to lose by allowing you mirror. If sky go did output it would lose sky a few quid I would imagine! People account sharing, dropping multi room etc.
    I have over 60 apps on my phone and I think sky go is only one blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

No it's just the apps that have a lot to lose by allowing you mirror. If sky go did output it would lose sky a few quid I would imagine! People account sharing, dropping multi room etc.
    I have over 60 apps on my phone and I think sky go is only one blocked.

sky go isn't that good imho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭dalyboy

I was thinking of ordering this linked item or something similar but would like to know will my iphone play filmon plus and itunes videos on my LCD tv ? Will I need any addional add ons hardware or software to make this possible. Any advise is much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

I use a cable that connects ipad1 to composite, 3 phono plugs. Not apple approved, therefore charging doesn't work since IOS5. Depending on which app the mirroring can be dodgy. I use BBC Global iplayer, and it'sfine. However netflix is problematic if anything else happens on the ipad, like battery alert. Have to kill netflix and restart otherwise TV screen is blank but sound still plays.
    Previously have a JB on the ipad and all apps would mirror.

Advertisement